The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Go! Take him, its awesome!

Gareth, i love g1 aswell as the 1st and latest movies, they are what they are, not everyones cup of tea but i like them. Just wish they would make a beast wars film now!

Oh and as awesome as the original g1 movie is, it also has alot of shit in it.

The thing is, I can put all my saddo fanboy-ish devotions to Transformers aside and take the films for what they are, but what they are is just plain terrible; a cringeworthy toy advert stretched out over 2+ hours of cheap explosions, piss-poor direction, laughable dialogue, nigh-on embarassing acting, lingering shots of anything young, female and curvy and Shia LaBoeuf staring open-jawed at the sky.

Michael Bay is singularly the worst director alive today (and I'm including Uwe Boll in that :shock:), a fact even he seems aware of to some extent. I am genuinely saddened at the thought of how good the reboot could have been in the hands of someone, anyone else.

Oh and as awesome as the original g1 movie is, it also has alot of shit in it.

Them's fighting words! :rant:

:lol:

I can understand everything you just typed but for me, i waited ages for a live action tf film, and when blackout landed in the air force base and transformed for the first time, i was blown away. They really are a mix of complete awsomeness and turgid steaming shit, granted the second one was steaming shit upon steaming shit for 2+ hours, but the latest one got it very close to being spot on for me (well, as close to spot on under bay as it was going to get).

The good news now is, bay and shia wont be coming back and seeing as he killed off pretty much every major decepticon, the only way to go now is to leave it a few years and start again with a new director/cast, so itcant be any worse.

/pathetic nerd mode

I can understand everything you just typed but for me, i waited ages for a live action tf film, and when blackout landed in the air force base and transformed for the first time, i was blown away.

That scene was awesome, to be fair. If they could have had just that on a loop, then I would've been happy. :)

The first transformers isn't the worst film in the world like say armageddon, but it's certainly not good. The second One is unwatchable and I ain't going to waste time with the 3rd one.

Michael Bay embodies all that I hate about modern cinema. Just take one look at his filmography. Not a single good film on there.

The first transformers isn't the worst film in the world like say armageddon, but it's certainly not good. The second One is unwatchable and I ain't going to waste time with the 3rd one.

Michael Bay embodies all that I hate about modern cinema. Just take one look at his filmography. Not a single good film on there.

Bad Boyz was decent tbf.

I still want an elaboration on this:

it also has alot of shit in it.

I mean, I'll grant you Daniel (annoying little human shit), Wheelie (annoying little robot shit) and at a push that bizarre dancing Junkion number (though who doesn't love a bit of Weird Al every now and then?), but everything else is solid gold! :lol:

I still want an elaboration on this:

it also has alot of shit in it.

I mean, I'll grant you Daniel (annoying little human shit), Wheelie (annoying little robot shit) and at a push that bizarre dancing Junkion number (though who doesn't love a bit of Weird Al every now and then?), but everything else is solid gold! :lol:

i dont like the bits where hot rod ends up fighting the robotic fish, goes a bit boring around that part IMO

i dont like the bits where hot rod ends up fighting the robotic fish, goes a bit boring around that part IMO

That was pretty random. Where would you even get a giant robot squid from? Did the Quintessons just decide that to kill time between executions they'd build a mechanized cephalopod?

This thread has been hijacked!

Let's have a bit of Truffaut...

:D

Fair enough. Discussion point; the use of Mise-en-scène throughout the first animated Transformers movie, in particular the Decepticon assault on Autobot City.

seeing as he killed off pretty much every major decepticon

Cheers bud, you could have put a spoiler alert on that!

to be fair bay did say it was the last film and megatron has been killed in every film only to magically be saved

That was pretty random. Where would you even get a giant robot squid from? Did the Quintessons just decide that to kill time between executions they'd build a mechanized cephalopod?

As far as I was aware they were captured from another planet.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â