The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Watched greyhound and enjoyed it as I like this type of thing anyway, its quite technical, good acting and action sequences.... 7.5/10

The only issue I have is that it was made for cinema release but due to covid it was sold to apple TV and it has been edited at top speed so apple can stream it asap and as such it could have been even better. Maybe we will get an extended Tom Hanks cut or something in future.

Definitely watch it though as it is entertaining and enjoyable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/07/2020 at 20:37, villa4europe said:

I liked it, its throwaway but pretty enjoyable, think they got the violence right and some good action scenes 

Wouldn't mind a 2nd one 

Totally agree, the missus did not like it but I enjoyed it a lot. I was Expecting that woman that got put in the iron cage to make an appearance before she did but  understand why they left it to the end. Roll on number 2

On 17/07/2020 at 10:03, Phil Silvers said:

Half way through Indiana Jones quadrilogy after seeing 1st 2 (so far) re reviewed by Chris Stuckmann on YouTube.

Raiders of the Lost Ark is an outstanding movie experience but I've been surprised how much I liked Temple of Doom this time around, its an absolute hoot from start to finish. 

The shine is somewhat taken off it though when you realize that if Indy had just stayed at home and put his feet up the film would have had exactly the same outcome. The Nazi's would have all died when they opened the ark and his whole character arc was pointless and didn't achieve anything :D

5 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

The shine is somewhat taken off it though when you realize that if Indy had just stayed at home and put his feet up the film would have had exactly the same outcome. The Nazi's would have all died when they opened the ark and his whole character arc was pointless and didn't achieve anything :D

tumblr_muiyzk9FTX1qdz44io6_250.gif

• Like 1

Greyhound was a very decent film in many ways (Looked good, acting was good, pacing was spot on and decent tension during the action scenes), but the dialogue was a little too technical for me and it left me cold. 

Apart from the very brief bit of backstory for Hanks’ character, there was nothing to invest in or care about with the rest, it was just Hanks and a bunch of decent extras shouting ‘Hard right propeller, 10 degrees, 2 miles out, fire in the poop deck, there’s Klingons on the starboard bow’ over and over again. 

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

(Mainly) British/Italian comedy Love, Wedding, Repeat on Netflix - not the horror show I was expecting. 

Some genuinely funny bits and thankfully nothing like The Festival! 

The original was pretty poor so I'm surprised this is half decent tbh. Might be one for a rainy day.

On 20/07/2020 at 03:33, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Train to Busan is in contention for being one of the greatest zombie films of all time.

It's great. Sadly the sequel Peninsula is getting pretty poor reviews and seem to have a totally different tone.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Halfway through Green Book and it’s absolutely brilliant. 

I really enjoyed it

I understand the criticism of the film too but still think its a story that needed telling and its well told, both the main characters come across very well, the white American South come across terribly, the perspective is irrelevant to me (an English white man...) 

• Like 1

Fwiw there is a anime movie by the same guy that came out the same year as Train to Busan that is called Seoul Station. Yet another take on the zombie flick.

It's OK but not fantastic.

Seoul Station Poster

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â