The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

The newest nightmare on elm street has just popped up on Netflix, a film I watched 10 years ago and completely forgot about. Gave it another watch this evening and was reminded that it’s just awful. Such a shame, maybe someone will have another go someday because that is not the reboot that franchise deserved.

• Like 1

Disney looking to reboot Pirates of the Caribbean with a female lead. Another lazy decision. 

As much as I like Karen Gillan (phwoaaar), why not create a new pirate franchise for her rather than just rebooting a fairly recent one. 

• Like 3

Just now, Xela said:

Disney looking to reboot Pirates of the Caribbean with a female lead. Another lazy decision. 

As much as I like Karen Gillan (phwoaaar), why not create a new pirate franchise for her rather than just rebooting a fairly recent one. 

Janet Sparrow? 😂

can no one have an original idea for a franchise nowadays? 

reboots are plain lazy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Janet Sparrow? 😂

can no one have an original idea for a franchise nowadays? 

reboots are plain lazy

Its only 3 years since the last one! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Xela said:

Its only 3 years since the last one! 

Why take a risk and lose money when you can be lazy and be guaranteed a semi-decent box office by pigging backing off an established franchise? Not my opinion but that's the logic behind it.

It's also why it won't be worth your time watching.

22 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Got round to watching Extra Ordinary last night.  Got some heavy Darkplace / Look Around You vibes to it, I absolutely loved it.  This shot made me laugh so much a bit of wee came out:

ETWBXPdWoAAxK8f.jpg:large

Brilliantly daft film - absolutely loved it! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hornso said:

Why take a risk and lose money when you can be lazy and be guaranteed a semi-decent box office by pigging backing off an established franchise? Not my opinion but that's the logic behind it.

Beyond jack sparrow was that world really that interesting? Personally for me it wasn't which is why the franchise failed, it went nowhere or built on top of the 1st film, it just repeated it over and over 

Barry Lyndon

Really enjoyed it, visually stunning, third Stanley Kubrick film in a row that I've liked after Eyes Wide Shut and The Shining.

Bye Bye Birdy

Watched it because of the Mad Men episode, was a lot better than I was expecting, had a similar charm to the orginal Bewitched, surprised it's not more widely known as a classic.

Once Upon a Time in Hollwood

Didn't mind it, watched it all the way through

Celine and Julie Go Boating

One of my favorite movies, watched it twice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Hornso said:

I'd watch her swashbuckling away in her ripped pirates outfit! 

• Haha 1

Rewatched Moneyball today and it’s a great little film, it’s a bold prediction but I think it’s one of Pitts best performances, he’s great in this and Jonah Hill as the serious guy is good.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Great film.

Indeed! Almost 3 hours flew by...what an amazing soundtrack (Feel Flows is **** brilliant).

So off I go to Discogs to check out the soundtrack LP....oh dear...over £200!

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â