The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Might get it, it's cheap in Morrisons.

Good film, but don't expect the next full metal jacket.

Only film where i havent thought farrell was a cock to be honest.

to be fair he is a cock in it but in brugges is a very good film IMO

In Bruges is brilliant. Farell is a bit of a cock in it, but that's kind of the point of his character.

I know a few people who don't like it though, so I think it's splits opinion. I love it though. In fact I've bought it on DVD twice!

Farrell is brilliant in 'In Bruges'. Granted, he plays a scumbag but other than that, the language/phrasing/humour he uses is very 'Dublin' as only a Dub could do it :) If you liked that you'd love 'Intermission' Stevo.

In Bruges is brilliant. Farell is a bit of a cock in it, but that's kind of the point of his character.

I know a few people who don't like it though, so I think it's splits opinion. I love it though. In fact I've bought it on DVD twice!

In Bruges is worth it if for only one scene

Overweight Man: Been to the top of the tower?

Ray: Yeah... yeah, it's rubbish.

Overweight Man: It is? The guide book says it's a must see.

Ray: Well you lot ain't going up there.

Overweight Man: Pardon me? Why?

Ray: I mean, it's all winding stairs. I'm not being funny.

Overweight Man: What exactly are you trying to say?

Ray: What exactly am I trying to say? You's a bunch of ****' elephants.

[overweight man attempts to chase Ray around but quickly grows tired]

Ray: Come on, leave it fatty!

[the overweight women calm down the overweight man]

Overweight Woman #2: [to Ray] You know you're just the rudest man. The rudest man!

Ken: [coming back from the tower] What's all that about?

[Ray shrugs]

Ken: They're not going up there.

[to overweight family]

Ken: Hey, guys. I wouldn't go up there. It's really narrow.

Overweight Woman #2: Screw you, really bad person!

Ken: [to Ray] What was that about?

Ray: [shrugs]

Farrell is brilliant in 'In Bruges'. Granted, he plays a scumbag but other than that, the language/phrasing/humour he uses is very 'Dublin' as only a Dub could do it :)
I **** LOVED "In Bruges".

As I said elsethread, I thought Farrell's performance had a lot of Ardal O'Hanlon about it - I think I described the film as "Father Ted, as directed by Quentin Tarantino".

Farrell is very good in Intermission too. Well worth checking out.

If you liked Intermission - check out Perriers Bounty. Jim Broadbent is awesome in it!

Seen it mate, didn't rate it tbh. I thought the tone was all over the shop and it couldn't decide whether it was a comedy or not. Although Broadbent and Gleeson were (as usual) very good.

Farrell is very good in Intermission too. Well worth checking out.

If you liked Intermission - check out Perriers Bounty. Jim Broadbent is awesome in it!

Seen it mate, didn't rate it tbh. I thought the tone was all over the shop and it couldn't decide whether it was a comedy or not. Although Broadbent and Gleeson were (as usual) very good.

Quite enjoyed it myself - agree that Gleeson and Broadbent were their usual standard!

Have got Winters Bone and The Town to peruse this weekend - high expectations on both!

Watched attack the block, very good, to be fair most of the best jokes are in the trailer but are still funny, the characters are believable the script is good but at times hard to get everything, doesn't feel cheap and doesn't overplay the fairly obvious morals undertone

Can't work out if it will get a succesful yank release or a remake

It's the comic book film I've least wanted to watch. Not an inspiring character, one of the weakest of Marvel's front line roster, and I can't escape the feeling if Marvel hadn't wanted to make an Avengers film, a Thor movie would not exist.

It's no Street Fighter Movie

...luckily, it isn't. The Street Fighter film makes Mortal Kombat look Oscar worthy. It's one of the worst films I've ever seen, and I've seen AVP2. Twice. Only good thing about that film is Raul Julia.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â