The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I saw the feature length version of the Coogan and Brydon series The Trip. I was left a bit confused because I didnt even know there was a series, just this film. I was explaining to my Dad, who told me that the series was more docu style whilst the film is...well a film with some acting from Steve and Rob with some emotional soul searching...did anyone watch the series? Can anyone explain the style?

I don't think I'll believe Thor is a good film until I see it myself.

It's a shit comic, based on a shit character, the costume looks shit and it just has the whiff of '****, if we really want to do this Avengers thing we've gotta bang this rubbish out'. I'm surprised Branagh's even involved. And it's got Anthony Hopkins in it, which these days means 'Anthony Hopkins coming in and chewing the scenery for 10mins whilst vaguely demeaning the script and running off with a cheque'.

I was never a big fan of the Thor comics myself but he's not really a shit character. He's just of a different style to the majority of the Marvel universe.

The costume in the film is spot on and Hopkins is fine in it. Plus they didn't have to do a Thor film to make one on the Avengers. There have been many members and they could have focused on different characters.

It's not a classic film, but it does what it does well. The scenes not on Earth were my favourite. It can be tongue in cheek at times but it's a good bit of fun. Plus there are some nice little cameos. Don't forget to stay until after the credits too. I forgot to mentiom that when I talked about the film on Monday...

That's interesting, because the trailer to Thor made me want to eat my own eyeballs rather than watch the film.

BUt then again I don't really get the whole comic book genre. Ironman, for example, was shit (imo). And the worst film I ever saw at the cinema was a comic book film.

Thank you stevo. Agree 100%

Dark Knight is the exception though. But that's Nolan.

That's interesting, because the trailer to Thor made me want to eat my own eyeballs rather than watch the film.

BUt then again I don't really get the whole comic book genre. Ironman, for example, was shit (imo). And the worst film I ever saw at the cinema was a comic book film.

Thank you stevo. Agree 100%

Dark Knight is the exception though. But that's Nolan.

There are exceptions. Dark Knight and Batman Begins, obviously.

Sin CIty I suppose is technically a comic book film. I loved that.

But the majority (Ironman, Spiderman, Daredevil, XMen, fantastic 4, silver surfer etc) are all shit, imo.

Xmen and spiderman are particular dislike for me. Saw the first 2 XMen and they were shocking. One of Halle Berry's lines in XMen goes down as the worst line in a film I've ever heard.

And Spiderman 3 was the film in question in my above post.

Agree with everything you say again, even the Xmen and Spiderman movies being the worst of the lot.

Comic book movies in general are just shit. Simple as that. Especially when you get to this stage where all the good comics have already had trilogies and they;re scraping the bottom of the comic book barrel.

Thor, I mean c'mon.

Agree with everything you say again, even the Xmen and Spiderman movies being the worst of the lot.

Comic book movies in general are just shit. Simple as that. Especially when you get to this stage where all the good comics have already had trilogies and they;re scraping the bottom of the comic book barrel.

Thor, I mean c'mon.

Spiderman is for kiddy teens imo it needs a dark knight makeover make it more serious and not just another generic pg-12 crapfest like look at venom ffs... how was that venom from the comic books it was pathetic

That new X-men film looks retarded "first class"? it looks like a cross between the OC and X-men more kiddy teens running around in spandex thinking they are superheroes id rather watch Kick-Ass at least its a piss take out of the whole genre and doesnt take itself seriously its got nic cage in it as well.

The best superhero movie to come out in a while other than batman has got to be Iron Man robert downie jnr plays the billionaire douchebag so well its also got jeff bridges in

As for Thor dont even get me started, a superhero movie directed by a shakesperean actor? Think he needs to stick to his Henry the V he was great in that role

demolition_man.jpg

One of the best movies of all time... i even tried using the three sea shells after watching it.

Errrrrm...what the ****?!

Is it just me or is that Paedobear? Just above the first "I" in "Demolition", next to Stallone's chest.

let the gf pick a film, ended up watching remember me

what a load of **** drivel, brosnan cant do an american accent, the opening scene and the dates given in the first 2 minutes mean that you can guess where its going straight away and its really **** pointless in going there and r patz is just shite isnt he? he's a big wet fish you just want to slap him and tell to cheer the **** up, the relationship thats the centre story feels rushed and therefore lacks a real punch there are several characters such as chris cooper that should be explored but arent, its basically an absolute bag of bollocks

its on sky anytime at the moment if you are still interested after that

I like comic book films because I used to read them growing up. There are some fun films out there based on comics. I just don't understand how people can judge films without seeing them to be honest. Not just comic book films either, but all kinds of films...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â