The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Wonder Woman. 

Finally watched it after all the hype and praise. Unbearably dull and boring. On paper a lot happens but it’s all so plodding and slow on screen that the action and intense moments have no affect. One of the most boring films I’ve seen in a long time. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Jurassic World last night ..

it kinda started off OK , I don't think it's a spoiler to say the plan is to go the island and rescue some dinosaurs before it's destruction  .. so far so good and it moved along quite nicely and your thinking this won't be so bad

then it just descends into a tired well trodden plot with bad guys that suggests the writers thought sod it lets just lift the script from somewhere else and hit the bar with  2 for 1 mojito's for the next 4 months ...It would be churlish to accuse a script based around living dinosaurs of not being very plausible  , but this one just made no sense from a plot  point of view.

then you have the action itself  , again same old same old ,one second the bad dino's make more noise than my mate Dave on the toilet after a curry and beer night ,  and the next second they  appear out of nowhere in stealth mode and take out a bad guy    .... a bit later you have a wanton killing machine dinosaur able to take out bad guys at will   , the next minute the same dinosaur is in tip toe mode and opening windows to hunt down one of the good guys  and pausing sufficiently for the other good guy to come to the rescue  ( if there was any justice in the world , the whole cinema would have got up and walked out at the point where it opens the window )

so all in all it gets a thumbs down , a 3/10 or using the @Xelascale a WNB

• Like 2

Black Panther - 8.5/10

I tried my best to ignore all the bullshit politics and propaganda that surrounds the film and found that it was simply a really really bloody good superhero film. One of Marvels best tbh. I enjoyed it far more than I thought I would going into it.

Killmonger was a fantastic yet murderous genocidal psychotic villain (that people on social media actually support him shows how **** we are as a species) and T’Challa was fantastic as a man stepping up and deciding how best to rule.

Not a big fan of a few mildly racist lines towards Everett but it doesn’t detract that much and Shuri ended up being my favourite character of all anyway. 

Great story, great action, great characters, great villain. Top drawer stuff.

13 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Black Panther - 8.5/10

I tried my best to ignore all the bullshit politics and propaganda that surrounds the film and found that it was simply a really really bloody good superhero film. One of Marvels best tbh. I enjoyed it far more than I thought I would going into it.

Killmonger was a fantastic yet murderous genocidal psychotic villain (that people on social media actually support him shows how **** we are as a species) and T’Challa was fantastic as a man stepping up and deciding how best to rule.

Not a big fan of a few mildly racist lines towards Everett but it doesn’t detract that much and Shuri ended up being my favourite character of all anyway. 

Agreed, Coogler and Jordan are both top drawer and it shows. Definitely in my top 3.

14 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Black Panther - 8.5/10

You joked at Mooney about using a wrong thread ..... not like we have an MCU one :P

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

You joked at Mooney about using a wrong thread ..... not like we have an MCU one :P

I thought that was just for discussion about where it all goes heading forward and theories and stuff rather than reviews? 

1128953.jpg

The Tale.

Fantastic movie and definitely up there with my films of the year. It tackles a very grim subject matter in an extremely effective way and features a top notch cast including a brilliant performance from Laura Dern.

Recommended.

hered.jpg.bf610690680531136ad0a4d7b6d2e42d.jpg

Just got back from watching Hereditary.

Absolute blood stained gem of a movie. Dark, disturbing, and not a 'jump scare' in sight because quite frankly it doesn't need them. It just does what good horror should do and gets right under your skin from the get go. Beautifully shot and the films score is as uneasy and effective as they come.

Terrific performances all round too, particularly Toni Collette who is absolutely stunning in it.

Recommended.

Edited by Designer1
Added more detail.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â