The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

On 06/12/2016 at 22:23, Chindie said:

I'd love to know how much Hopkins is getting for being in that shit. I know he has more less given up in recent years but still... I actually think less of him for taking the part.

It's what's known in the business as Deniroing.

• Like 2

I need help with a scene from a film

My dad has just phoned me and he said 'what was the film where a bloke and his wife were sitting in a restaurant

eating dinner when a sniper shoots his wife and she just slumps on the table, my dad thinks the dude then goes out to try and get revenge on the shooter' the only other info he can give is that he thinks the bloke was black, he thinks it might have been Denzel Washington.

Anyone got any ideas?

3 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

I need help with a scene from a film

My dad has just phoned me and he said 'what was the film where a bloke and his wife were sitting in a restaurant

eating dinner when a sniper shoots his wife and she just slumps on the table, my dad thinks the dude then goes out to try and get revenge on the shooter' the only other info he can give is that he thinks the bloke was black, he thinks it might have been Denzel Washington.

Anyone got any ideas?

Alex Cross ?

23 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

I don't even know what Alex Cross is . I just googled "wife shot by sniper in restaraunt"

And you were correct my friend

I googled something similar to that but didn't get any decent results, your google must be superior to mine

I watched the beginning of Audrey Rose last night on Netflix, old film with Anthony Hopkins.

It's kind of a horror but not, little girl dies and is reincarnated as a new girl, previous dad finds her and takes new family to court because new child is really old child and he wants her back.

I read the book a while back and wasn't exactly blown away by it (far from it actually) but I thought I'd give this a go, Jesus the little girl was annoying, terrible actor as well.

I expected more as it is by the bloke who done The Entity which was brilliant

Slightly different US and international trailers. Looks decent enough, be interesting to see them do another smaller stakes villain, with Keaton's Vulture apparently just being a thug low end criminal who manages to get a flying suit. Which isn't really that useful apart from being able to evade Spiderman more easily by going higher than he can swing... 

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 1

Fabulous Beasts  (Spoilers)

Typical potter - the first hour is a just a slop around which has no bearing on the major plot - and things like "Oh you will need to get a wand permit"  wasn't funny in the early potter movies and it isn't now 15 years on.

And the people who appear to be in sort of orphanage - and the one guys seems a get a kicking from everyone and is generally a tortured soul - the reasons why are never really explained !

Once the plots get going its not bad - Eddie Redmayne is superb in the leading role - but one the whole there are long boring bits - its saved to an extent by the finale - on the whole below average movie  

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The war for the planet of the apes has a trailer today too, looks good, I really like that series

Yes, I think it's been a very solid series so far. Hopefully this can continue that.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

Spider-Man trailer looks okay. The hilariously overly PC cast suggests Sony have got their hands all over it though, which means I won't expect much from it.

New Apes trailer looks really good. Skull Island second trailer is nowhere near as good as the first, unfortunately. 

6 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Yep looks decent. Is there a better CGI actor aroun than Serkis?

He wisely invested in the tech company too, they're signed up for all Star Wars and marvel films for Disney, he could put his feet up and count the pennies

• Like 1

Started reading up on serkis, 52, grew up in Ruislip Manor...turns out he went to school with my mom! He's a couple of years younger but I've got an aunty that would have been in his year

neither of them knew who he was

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â