The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Schindlers List is an amazing film. One of my all favourites. Fiennes is chilling in it. 

As for Saving Private Ryan, as you say, the opening scene is amazing. One of the few films I have seen more than once at the cinema. 

Oh and another fan of Meet Joe Black. Its almost deliberately slow but I like it for that reason!

1 hour ago, Ginko said:

This. I don't remember it being overly long either.

Guess I'm just a big romantic ghey :wub:

It's over 3 hours.

And for the first hour and a half I assure you nothing happens that they couldn't have done in a third of the time!

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Schindlers List is an amazing film. One of my all favourites. Fiennes is chilling in it.

It is a good movie, but from a similar theme i've always preferred The Pianist. That is a truly stunning (and deeply upsetting) piece of work from Polanski.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Xela said:

read schindlers ark, the film tries but not as successfully to portray him as a man who was trying to make money and have a good time and ended up saving jews as a result, hes not an intentional hero in the book, the line in the film about needing something to make it all happen and his wife says luck and he replies war, thats covered in the book it goes in to a lot more detail about how the jews organised themselves as a community in the ghetto and the various camps

there are of course hundreds of changes but none really that you think will ruin the film, the main one like i said is his personality and thats covered right at the start of the book, the scenes where he's wining and dining the nazis to buy favours and they're all enjoying themselves wasnt a one way street

5 hours ago, Designer1 said:

It is a good movie, but from a similar theme i've always preferred The Pianist. That is a truly stunning (and deeply upsetting) piece of work from Polanski.

Criminally, I've never seen it.

I will though, soon. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Designer1 said:

I love most of the Studio Ghibli output. Grave of the Fireflies and My Neighbour Totoro are my two favourites although I have to be in the mood for GotF as it's so relentlessly sad.

We watched When Marnie Was There the other night and that's another stand out.

Just looked for grave of fireflies, could only find it in japenese without subtitles

8 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Just looked for grave of fireflies, could only find it in japenese without subtitles

Where you looking? It isn't exactly the most obscure thing out there, would've thought the subbed or dubbed versions would be relatively easy to find 

That's unfortunately a downfall in kodi that I've come across too, want to watch the assassin which is meant to be the best wuxia film since the likes of crouching tiger or house of flying daggers, can find one that's HD crystal clear but no bloody subtitles

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

That's unfortunately a downfall in kodi that I've come across too, want to watch the assassin which is meant to be the best wuxia film since the likes of crouching tiger or house of flying daggers, can find one that's HD crystal clear but no bloody subtitles

Amazing film.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â