The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Girl on the Choo Train - 5/10 - I won't harp on about translations of books to film, but in essence, sometimes it just won't work very well, even though you think it should. In short, it's just far too precticable. The 'real baddie' can be called from as early as 30 minutes in. Some OK perfomances, not wonderfully shot. Bang average.

I want to see Girl with all the GIFs next, which is apparently a sequel set 100 years after the end on Train, which itself is a sequel to Gone. The prequel film Girl who Leapt Through Time is decent too.

Edited by hogso

I watched Sexy Beast, @Midfielder.  I'll be honest.  I didn't really feel it.  I'm not a fan of Winstone or the whole cockney geezer gangster thing either so we were at odds from the start.  Ben Kingsley obviously stole the show and McShane was nicely sinister.  Some good performances and don't get me wrong, it's a good film, but for me not all that enjoyable.

43 minutes ago, BOF said:

I watched Sexy Beast, @Midfielder.  I'll be honest.  I didn't really feel it.  I'm not a fan of Winstone or the whole cockney geezer gangster thing either so we were at odds from the start.  Ben Kingsley obviously stole the show and McShane was nicely sinister.  Some good performances and don't get me wrong, it's a good film, but for me not all that enjoyable.

Cheers for watching though BOF. 

:ph34r: I owe you a film hire to make up for it

rams.jpg

Lovely low key drama from Iceland about two brothers who haven't spoken for 40 years.

Beautifully acted by the two leads who give a real depth to the very heartfelt, intricate character study.

• Like 4

Watched Manhattan Project because it was 9.4 rated on imdb.

Why tho?

Bit of tit, Mr Big Nose speaking quietly like a narrator from a noir film.. run of the mill thriller.

I dunno, it just didn't really work.

9.5/10.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

rams.jpg

Lovely low key drama from Iceland about two brothers who haven't spoken for 40 years.

Beautifully acted by the two leads who give a real depth to the very heartfelt, intricate character study.

Watched this at the weekend. Loved it.

Tonight its:

91vXulnoGTL._SY445_.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, choffer said:

Watched this at the weekend. Loved it.

Tonight its:

91vXulnoGTL._SY445_.jpg

Ah! That's on my Lovefilm list - let me know what you think - it looks bonkers :D

Have you seen Green Butchers? Really good stuff. Same director and Mikkelsen is in that one too.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Ah! That's on my Lovefilm list - let me know what you think - it looks bonkers :D

Have you seen Green Butchers? Really good stuff. Same director and Mikkelsen is in that one too.

Aye, been looking forward to it for weeks. Just been waiting for a quiet night in to watch it in peace. Will let you know what I think.

I've not seen Green Butchers but at £3.50, it's just gone in an amazon basket. Also on the shelf, waiting for a viewing is Adams æbler. Mikkelsen marathon at the moment.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2016 at 15:10, BOF said:

Blitz was on the telly last night but as I spotted it half way through I didn't want to watch from that point.  It has Paddy Considine, Aidan Gillen & Jason Statham in the main roles.  Wondering is it worth checking out as the cast look good.  Although the bit I did watch seemed to be Statham being almost caricaturedly* Statham-like, which seemed out of place in the scenes I saw.

* perfectly cromulent word.

the scene with the hurley is an all-time classic movie scene :D

On 10/11/2016 at 13:18, Designer1 said:

Adam's Apples and Flickering Lights are both well worth the watch as well

• Like 1

I've seen the suggestion there will be as many as 5 Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them films. That would surely be the first time in history that the number of films in the series surpasses the number of pages in the source material.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â