The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

The Witch - gruesome, but pretty good. Didn't really understand it all really, assume it exploited various motifs associated with 17th century ideas of folklore and witchcraft, but at root it was very creepy. 

Also, having watched a few docs related to it recently, due to the anniversary, watched United 93  this evening. An altogether different kind of horror :( Carried out so well such a quiet but effective tribute. 

• Like 1

Image result for Our Brand Is Crisis Bowl

Our Brand Is Crisis - quite a decent, different film about Americans employed to run the political campaigns in the Bolivian presidential elections.

Quite wittily done but with respect and integrity to the issues over in Bolivia.

Worth a watch if you fancy something a little different to usual.

Watched Amy tonight

was never really a fan so I found it hard to relate to a lot of the film but it was still a decent enough film  .... Not a patch on montage of heck ( the cobain film ) in terms of making you feel uncomfortable but another talent that burnt out far too young 

batman-tactical-suit.jpg

Batman's 'tactical' suit from Justice League.

It looks like Snyder's take on Nite-Owl in Watchmen. Which isn't a good thing given that that character is essentially a pisstake of Batman.

Also looks to have borrowed too much from Arkham Knight.

And for some reason it looks particularly like someone squeezed into a muscle suit somehow.

...I don't think I like it.

the-shallows-435.jpg

Really pushed my ability to suspend my disbelief to the limit. It is supposed to be a straight 'thriller', but I found sections to be really amusing. Some odd continuity problems didn't help it either. Good performances, especially from 'Steven Seagull'. Well shot, although I don't like when films use on screen 'windows' to show phone screens, text messages, etc. 90% of the time, but that's a personal peeve really. Some of the special effects for the shark and whale were good. Some not so. I will admit to cheering when the shark met it's inevitable 'defeat' - but that was after laughing myself silly. 4/10.

Saw this last night at the cinema:

zurirfw6.jpg?v=1469557115

It's a solid enough horror.

There's some very clunky dialogue and bags of exposition, and relied too heavily on 'jump scares'. But it had an interesting concept, quite a chilling atmosphere and at 1hr 20 minutes didn't overstay it's welcome.

On 9/15/2016 at 08:43, hogso said:

the-shallows-435.jpg

Really pushed my ability to suspend my disbelief to the limit. It is supposed to be a straight 'thriller', but I found sections to be really amusing. Some odd continuity problems didn't help it either. Good performances, especially from 'Steven Seagull'. Well shot, although I don't like when films use on screen 'windows' to show phone screens, text messages, etc. 90% of the time, but that's a personal peeve really. Some of the special effects for the shark and whale were good. Some not so. I will admit to cheering when the shark met it's inevitable 'defeat' - but that was after laughing myself silly. 4/10.

Wish I was that surf board. 

Good way to go. 

9 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Because real friends wouldn't let you watch the new fantastic four .

I won't be watching the new Fantastic Four.  I'll be watching Kate :wub:

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Why did no-one tell me Kate Mara is in the new Fantastic Four?  Some friends you are.

I assume you've watched 1st series of American Horror Story and House of Cards many times over?

2 hours ago, BOF said:

I won't be watching the new Fantastic Four.  I'll be watching Kate :wub:

Remarkably they even ruin her presence in the movie by having her wear a dreadful wig due to the reshoots the studio did to 'fix' the film.

45 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I assume you've watched 1st series of American Horror Story and House of Cards many times over?

Horror Story yes. I've never seen a single second of House of Cards. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â