The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Tetris the movie is in the works.

I don't even know...

It's apparently going to be a trilogy. 

But the third film will be a lot faster paced than the first.

• Like 4

Seems they will be looking for a new Bond. Craig has supposedly turned down obscene money to carry on for another 2 movies according to a bunch of reports today.

Hiddleston is the front runner with the bookies but, much as I like him, I don't see him as Bond. He'd be a fantastic villain for Bond, but he's too... Posh nice for Bond himself. Fassbender, Dan Stevens, or, never in a million years, Hardy would be great in the role.

Jonathan Rhys Meyers could be a decent bond imo. Certainly more interesting than all the other predictable candidates. Plus he'd probably bring his own martinis.

10 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Jonathan Rhys Meyers could be a decent bond imo. Certainly more interesting than all the other predictable candidates. Plus he'd probably bring his own martinis.

You could wring the martinis out of him like a wet towel.

Edited by Chindie

Civil War:

+Black Panther is badass
+Liked how they built the tension between Iron Man and Cap
+Loved Spidey
+Great fight choreo

-Maybe too many fight scenes
-Villain was a bit meh
-Basically Iron Man 4 or an Avengers Lite movie
-Needed something dark and big to happen imo

I thought zemo worked personally, he's not really a villain, the only thing that confused me was how cap knew the truth, seen some stuff suggesting it was in cap 2 (when he was in the bunker with Toby what's his face on the screen showing him stuff)

I'd say my first sentence is the key, especially after batman v superman, everything in the film works, some of it is a stretch but there's none of it (in context) that is outright daft or doesn't make sense, I'd say from what I can remember it is at least a sound logical film

• Like 1

It is revealed in to Cap in the second movie. He's briefly shown a headline and photograph in that montage. The photograph causes a slight issue with the timeline but frankly the moment you start to consider timelines in the Marvel series it quickly falls apart.

The Dark Tower movie is going to pick up the story part way through the story of the novels. Hopefully that means getting straight in to the Drawing of the Three, rather than, say, skipping right to Lud. The iconic "man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed" surely must be included, with the palaver between Roland and TMIB setting up their motives (skipping the decades long nap Roland has after!) before Roland forms his Ka-Tet would be the best way to do it I would've thought. If they did do that, though, they'd slip the journey through the mines with Jake - "Go then. There are other worlds than these". From there, Lud. They'll have to put the Speaking Demon in there somewhere, though, as it plays such a massive part in the birth of Mordred.

11 hours ago, omariqy said:

Civil War:

-Needed something dark and big to happen imo

I thought the twist was a bit. Also good that it ultimately showed Cap as not the boring Superman-like goody-goody who never makes a mistake or sits on the wrong side of the fence.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â