The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

1 hour ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition

I really want to type THE response but I worry if I do then the QI style klaxon/siren will go off :)

• Like 1

agree the music in that trailer is shit and feels out of place, the abstergo stuff never really worked for me, always thought it was jsut trying to be edgy and give it some cool menu screens and add some futuristic stuff to it, ive played most of the games but dont think ive ever got past the half way point, just dont float my boat, no doubt they've expanded the absertgo story to something but i dont know what it is

the spanish inquisition, strange one, not sure if its taught in american schools but it wasnt taught here, its kind of something most have heard of thanks to monty python but id say most know very little about it, might have done that on purpose as it allows them to add artistic licence, my basic understanding is its chasing jews and muslims out of spanish territories 

the film looks ok, the action if done right with the parkour element could be good, think it needs to be violent, get a 15 cert, it wont be though, fassbender is obviously a good choice (although with slow west, Prometheus, new xmen, he does star in some bad films) the rest of the cast is cotillard, michael k williams (omar) jeremy irons, brendan gleeson...so the cast is good

Literally the only good thing the Abstergo crap gave anything in the Assassin's Creed storyline was the (brilliant) use of 'glitches' and 'fake loading in' to hide the fact Assassin's Creed Unity was a broken mess.

Perhaps the new movie could explain shitty CGI similarly - 'Sorry Mr Fassbender, that awful CGI was just a limitation of the current gen Animus system. Also the nausea you're feeling is due to the dodgy frame rate and poor FOV of the new firmware...'

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Assassins Creed isn't even a very good game.

A couple of entries are pretty good in fairness.

This just seems to be taking the wider narrative and doing it's own thing, which might not be a bad thing compared to a true adaptation, except that that wider narrative is bollocks.

The Lion In Winter  (1968)

Another film off my "To Watch List "  While i would agree it is a good film with some big names in it, i have to admit i was somewhat disappointed and would not put it up alongside the likes of Becket and A Man For All Seasons .Would score it 6/10 

Watched Civil War last night, best Marvel film for a while and gives me hope that Avengers 3 might be okay after the awful Avengers 2.

The airport scene was fantastic.

• Like 1

Watched Legend, starring Tom Hardy x2 last night.

Whilst his performance(s) were both excellent, I thought the film on the whole lacked something. I think the director/screen writer missed a lot of factual stuff out and almost made Reggie Kray 'likeable'......

It was a bit like Bronson, where the everything centred on Hardy's performance and not the storyline.

• Like 1

I saw Civil War and felt it had its moments (Spiderman!) but it was too long and the length was compounded by a notable lack of tension and excitement, which is part of the problem of knowing most if not all characters will return and probably still be good mates. The central division was also gibberish but I'd rather not get too hung up over its suspect politics. Black Panther was good. Witch remains annoying with her stupid hand gesture stuff. Overall decent but tepid.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

Watched True Story with Jonah Hill and James Franco last night. While both of them were good in it the story just fizzled and the film ended badly. It started to set itself up for something and the twist or fireworks just never happened. 

6/10 but could have been so much better.

2 hours ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

Not sure about Danny Boyle's decision to remake Terminator 2.

Begbie as the new Terminator

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â