The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

The Electric in Brum is showing Ji-woon Kim's "I saw the devil" in May. I liked Old Boy a lot, is this worth a watch?

He did Bittersweet Life and Tale of Two Sisters which were both excellent, so I would say you should be pretty safe. Looking to see that one myself.

I-saw-the-devil-large-poster-550x814.jpg

Just watched it Scott. It's f***ing immense to be honest, one of the best movies I've seen for a while. A really dark, original and incredibly violent take on the serial killer genre, with top notch direction and performances throughout. It also spawns one of the great screen villains in Min-sik Choi (Oldboy) in top form as sadistic murderer Kyung-Chul.

VERY recommended.

Few reviews here

Office Space >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Every other film

always liked it and then got a job in an office and it becomes so realistic :|

Peter Gibbons: The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.

That has become the approach to my job.

Bronson 7/10

Film about Britains most violent prisoner known as Michael Peterson and his alias 'Charles Bronson'. Generally the plot follows the events of how he got into prison and has pretty much stayed there for 30 years. In between there are a few fictitious events which make the story a bit more interesting. The plot isn't the most interesting thing you'll watch but Tom Hardy dominates the screen with an amazing performance and makes you feel as if you are watching the real Charlie Bronson. The director also did an excellent job with the cinematography and soundtrack which was important as very little dialogue occurs in the film, it's mainly visual. Not for the squeamish though, lots of violence and some full frontal nudity.

watched inside last night

french horror thingy

it was alright nothing speccial they have just tried to shock with the ammount of gore, the scissors scene is good though

if you want a horrible french film I would go for martyrs rather than this

I watched the Secret Life of Bees last night and have to say I learned absolutely nothing about bees :?

EDIT : And rather conicidentally, happy birthday Dakota Fanning.

Love Inside! Totally OTT ridiculous slasher flick, with a bunch of gore to boot. The final shot is fuckn creepy.

That movie is 8 days of messed up! My sister loved it though.

Have just watched The Other Guys, was expecting another run of the mill, tired will ferrell effort but actually really enjoyed it, may get some stick for this but i think its better than anchorman. But, the most surprising bit was that wahlberg was good in it aswell.

Have just watched The Other Guys, was expecting another run of the mill, tired will ferrell effort but actually really enjoyed it, may get some stick for this but i think its better than anchorman. But, the most surprising bit was that wahlberg was good in it aswell.

Whilst I also enjoyed The Other Guys, I didn't think it was amazing. And it's certainly nowhere even close to Anchorman. IMO of course.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â