The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I've never seen The Goonies.

That makes us two. Somehow I never saw it when I was a kid even though most of my friends did. Now I've been thinking that it's just a good film to those who saw it when they were kids and I've never bothered to watch it. I might reconsider that. I think I know a store who had it on blu-ray for about £9. I'll look for it.

I've never seen The Goonies.

That makes us two. Somehow I never saw it when I was a kid even though most of my friends did. Now I've been thinking that it's just a good film to those who saw it when they were kids and I've never bothered to watch it. I might reconsider that. I think I know a store who had it on blu-ray for about £9. I'll look for it.

It's a movie that is very much 'of it's time' but that actually adds to it's charm. I think it's fantastic.

The Hurt Locker is a brilliant film which i would recommend.

Anyone seen The Green Zone with Matt Damon? Any good?

I thought the Hurt Locker was okay.

Green Zone was one of the worst films I've seen for a long time, completely unrealistic (which is fine ordinarily but if you're going to set against the backdrop of a war which is still ongoing then you need, IMO to keep it real), poor script and plot.

I'm a bit of a traditionalist I guess when it comes to 'war films' and there were just too many holes in this one for me personally to enjoy it.

The Hurt Locker is a brilliant film which i would recommend.

Anyone seen The Green Zone with Matt Damon? Any good?

Green Zone is good but not amazing. Not very memorable.

I saw it at the cinema but I couldn't tell you a thing about the plot now.

Worth a watch but don't expect it to blow you away.

:o :shock: :shock: :o

Woooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Goonies was/is amazing. If you didn't see it as a kid then yes, it will lose some of it's luster. However, it's still a great movie. If you don't like it then I don't get it but fair enough. But to say it's the most overrated movie ever seems ridiculous even in the world of opinions. I mean movies like Twilight or Titanic....or anything to do with Sex in the City must be more fitting for the overrated category than Goonies.

But to say it's the most overrated movie ever seems ridiculous even in the world of opinions. I mean movies like Twilight or Titanic....or anything to do with Sex in the City must be more fitting for the overrated category than Goonies.

dont think ive ever met anybody that rated them at all :P.

Just never liked it at all

But to say it's the most overrated movie ever seems ridiculous even in the world of opinions. I mean movies like Twilight or Titanic....or anything to do with Sex in the City must be more fitting for the overrated category than Goonies.

dont think ive ever met anybody that rated them at all :P.

Just never liked it at all

*sigh* If you come to Florida you will meet thousands of people that rate them :(

This Sporting Life is a great film that has an element of sport. More of a Kitchen Sink drama though

I thought Remember the Titans was cliche riddled, preachy nonsense saved only by a good performance by Denzel Washington. About as inspiring as one of them little book of quotes.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â