The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Watched Calvary and The Guard recently in that order.

Enjoyed both and Gleeson was great in both.

On the off chance you watched both of those but haven't seen "In Bruges", get on it. Immediately.

Watching Return of the king. Does this film end? This is the non extended version too. Gone very Coronation Street all of a sudden.

Is he back yet?

• Like 1

You've just reminded me Simon, watched ponyo on film 4 a few days ago, always wanted to see it but never got round to it.

Delightful and sweet. Perfect remedy for when your feeling a bit fed up. Title character is the embodiment of happiness. 9/10.

Saw The Cat returns too last week, bit more bizarre and different but just as magical as the other ghibli stuff. 7/10

*you're

No excuse in the film thread. ;-)

On the off chance you watched both of those but haven't seen "In Bruges", get on it. Immediately.

Stopped off in Bruges on a trip to brussels a couple of weeks ago purely because of this film (and the scenery of course). Largely disappointed with Bruges, but had a good chuckle when I saw a Vietnamese food truck in the main square.

I think the former is the better film but what is interesting about the two is how it seems that McDonagh and his brother have created a recognisably Irish style, just as Bergman is recognisably Swedish, Ozu Japanese and Claud Berri French.

Well I watched Ex-Machina and it left me slightly disappointed.  It could have been so much better.  Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad.  It started off well, but it was almost too short and I felt it got lazy towards the end.  Almost like it couldn't wait to wrap the whole thing up.

7/10 Would probably bang.

Well I watched Ex-Machina and it left me slightly disappointed.  It could have been so much better.  Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad.  It started off well, but it was almost too short and I felt it got lazy towards the end.  Almost like it couldn't wait to wrap the whole thing up.

7/10 Would probably bang.

Personally I thought it said all it needed to, one of my films of the year so far definitely.

calvary was shite 

Harsh

Spy was a good laugh

Ted 2 had me in tears

I thought Ted 2 was unfairly criticised to be honest, for a sequel it easily matched the first in terms of laughs.

• Like 1

I'm Not Scared / Io non ho paura (IT) - pretty good but hardly gripping, set in rural Italy in the 70s.

The Skin I Live In / La piel que habito (ES) - absolutely off the wall, as psychological as it gets - amazing and challenging watch.

Dangerous presumption but I assume everyone here has watched The Two Escobars by ESPN?

If you haven't, go right ahead and fast track that. What a football/drugs documentary it is.

It also rather makes the dirty money in contemporary football seem acceptable!

• Like 1

Watching Return of the king. Does this film end? This is the non extended version too. Gone very Coronation Street all of a sudden.

Of course it ends.

It ended five times if I remember right!!

Wait till you watch the extended version... at least 12 end points. [emoji14]

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â