The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Watched The Bourne Supremacy the other night.

I was calling myself an idiot for forgetting that I had seen it before, when I realised hadn't, I had seen The Bourne Ultimatum, which is almost exactly the same film.

Both films demonstrate the wondrous art of editing but it was the latter which Rouse justifiably won the Oscar for.

Great sound too but how many times can you make the exact same film?

The Matt Damon Bourne trilogy is superb. 

One of the best trilogies of all time, 

I was calling myself an idiot for forgetting that I had seen it before, when I realised hadn't, I had seen The Bourne Ultimatum, which is almost exactly the same film.

Both films demonstrate the wondrous art of editing but it was the latter which Rouse justifiably won the Oscar for.

I dont like renner & he nearly killed the franchise 

Mate of mine who has seen about 40 of those reckons Pontypool is the shittest film on the list.

It's a very clever film and relies completely on dialogue to get across the horror (you see absolutely zilch).

I quite liked it actually.

FWIW The Woman is way worse, and as for 'cult classic' Ginger Snaps? **** right off with that.

It is a very good list though, I would say I enjoyed 95% of the films on there which is good going for a genre like horror, which is notoriously difficult to pull off effectively.

I dont like renner & he nearly killed the franchise 

it wasnt that bad, it was enjoyable if a little too long. had a great cast as well

Wow, the new Fantastic Four film is getting absolutely panned :lol:

I just IMDB'd it to see who the cast were and there's quite a few decent actors in there. Bad choice by them :(

IMDB gives it a 4/10, which is weird cos superhero stuff usually gets voted really high, it must be terrible. 

Edited by PieFacE

Recently watched this again and it's still up there with Miyazaki's best work.

Just wonderful.

51LvMvY0a4L.jpg

Also picked this up on Blu ray, I first watched it a few years ago and it's a fantastic piece of work.

Funny in parts, and desperately emotional in others. Well recommended for anyone who loves a well crafted drama :thumb:

cover_departures_nl.jpg

• Like 3

I'm currently collecting the ghibli blu Rays (£25 for 2 at HMV) I love them, I went to their shop in Tokyo and the missus wouldn't let me buy the boxset, think they are releasing a boxset here but it might be one for each of the 2 big directors

• Like 1

You've just reminded me Simon, watched ponyo on film 4 a few days ago, always wanted to see it but never got round to it.

Delightful and sweet. Perfect remedy for when your feeling a bit fed up. Title character is the embodiment of happiness. 9/10.

Saw The Cat returns too last week, bit more bizarre and different but just as magical as the other ghibli stuff. 7/10

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

Watched Calvary and The Guard recently in that order.

Enjoyed both and Gleeson was great in both.

Have you seen Gleeson in The General? Worth a watch if you haven't.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â