The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

State of Grace.

Rewatched this old favourite of mine tonight. Haven't seen it in a long time but I still remembered a lot scenes. Sean Penn and Gary Oldman playing irish mobsters in New York. Also includes Robin wright and Ed Harris. Highly recommended if you haven't seen it.

very underrated, as good as The Departed

• Like 1

Finally saw Crash the other night

Really enjoyed it , not sure I'd have given it best film Oscar but it's still one of the better films I've seen

great cast and some good acting , Matt Dillon surprised me with his performance

• Like 2

pretty much the same footage from comic con, still not sure, it seems almost like Ted where some brilliant one liners will paper over what isnt a particularly good film, but thats really hard to get right

the dig at green lantern and the dig at wolverine in the teaser are a good indication that this wont know where the line is which is promising

Anyway I've watched a few decent shows recently including 'Ex Machina' which had the greatest dance scene ever

ptmau4qeuo2pon8ucqfs.gif

Also that odd Abel Ferrera film 'The Addiction' which has a great cameo by Christopher Walken in an awful wig

7e080871ab7e940c1e3c4cb37310b4e8.jpg

Also two Cronenberg films: 'Maps to the Stars' which was a very dark and quite mean piece of filmmaking and as such wonderful in so many ways, not least because of Mia..

maps-to-the-stars.gif

and Existenz which had the greatest line of dialogue ever

222929_original.gif

And a Japanese film called 'Cure' which creeped the shite out of me, not least because of this scene

Cure-man.gif

and finally 'It Follows' which I guess was meant to be scary but was actually deeply hilarious because of the walking

itfollowsghost-1427212598.gif

• Like 1

I'm not the biggest Deadpool fan so not really sure about that trailer... Could be worse I guess.

Fantastic Four reactions are leaking out. In a development that will shock no one, its apparently shit. Please let this be what Marvel needs to get the rights back... **** Reed Richards and co, Marvel could do big things with Doom, and Galactus and the Skrulls...

Edited by Chindie

There has been nothing but shite in the cinema for a least a few months now and it doesn't look like changing soon.

That time of year

Unfortunately blockbusters will mean that anything half decent will get lost in the mire but at the same time the way festival season is now so big and with award season and the way Hollywood uses promos and lobbying to win votes I think there is an increase in top quality films that are coming out October - January

I can't be bothered to look but I'd be interested in the last ten years how many best picture nominees have been released March - August (probably lots now I've said it)

I think cinema and marketing now has a pretty definitive chain of release dates

Going on fantastic four how is johnny storm black and sue storm white aren't they meant to be brother and sister??

You know asking that question has nothing to do with logic and everything to do with racism don't you?

Said at the time when it was kicking off that I personally have no problem with him being black but then to keep sue as blonde hair blue eyes in my head it means that something that shouldn't require any screen time explaining it is going to need screen time to explain it, think they've gone with mixed race parents...

I'm no genealogist, but I'm preeeety sure that having one white parent and one black parent doesn't mean that your kid is going to be one or the other. It's called mixed race for a reason.

I assumed that in this iteration Sue is adopted or something, or maybe they both are.

• Like 1

Why are all movies i watch shit, i havent watched a good movie in years..

Yeah, I'll bite.  Tell me what you're into and I'll try and hook you up.  I double dare you.

And Carew's Eyebrow Designer?  Check out the **** taste on him!  Not sold on Old Man Cronenberg to be honest.  For a guy so plainly obsessed and terrified of death, impermanence and decay I expect more than this respectable literary late period. But, oh man, Cure?  Better than Pulse, in my opinion.  And a beautifully quietly apocalyptic ending too.  You're after my heart man (and you probably know what my screen name refers to).

Fantastic Four reactions are leaking out. In a development that will shock no one, its apparently shit. 

They're even rebooting the shit films now?

Can't wait for the Elektra reboot followed by Man Thing

Fantastic Four reactions are leaking out. In a development that will shock no one, its apparently shit.

They're even rebooting the shit films now?

Can't wait for the Elektra reboot followed by Man Thing

It's not the quality of the movie that prompts the reboot, it's Fox concerned about having the rights revert back to Marvel. They will keep churning these out every few years hoping one hits big whilst also being very aware that it keeps it out of Marvel's hands for a few more years. They'll keep doing this until one flops big style or the are falls out of the market.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â