The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I've only ever seen four films, ET, American Pie, Scarface and Rocky and I only watched Rocky for the first time today, two hours and it turns out it's all about love what a crock. This is why I don't watch films, he didn't even win the fight absolutely devastated for him, his missus is a bit rope too

I watched more than that on a flight to Oz

But Christmas at your house must have been pants without the traditional James Bond film after the Xmas Turkey ...

I've only ever seen four films, ET, American Pie, Scarface and Rocky and I only watched Rocky for the first time today, two hours and it turns out it's all about love what a crock. This is why I don't watch films, he didn't even win the fight absolutely devastated for him, his missus is a bit rope too

FFS Spoilers mate

Yeah shit sorry I can only possibly ruin three other films though on the plus side, American Pie he **** the ginger one, ET he goes home and Scarface he goes bat shit crazy.

****spoilers above please don't read if you haven't seen the films mentioned above****

:huh: 

just f*** off now :( 

• Like 1

Perhaps it's time for you to try some films made for grown-ups?  :)

• Like 1

Pooligan's Ant-man review:

I hadn't seen this film before, probably because it's only just come out so I didn't watch it with my dad when I was younger. It was okay, but not what I was expecting. I went into it looking forward to seeing a Hollywood version of the origins of one Anthony McPartlin, perhaps taking us through his childhood through his Biker Grove days, hitting the dizzying heights of Let's Get Ready to Rumble and culminating in an exciting finale comprising of a mash-up of the many adventures that stemmed from the delightful Saturday Night Takeaway and I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here! televisual shows, with more personal interviews regarding his somewhat homosexual relationship with Dec spliced in along the way.

Instead I watched an ex-con shrink down to the size of an insect and beat some shit up - 4.5/10

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 3

Just watched kon-tiki, the dramatization of the true story of a Norwegian explorer, Thor heyerdahl who proved peruvians founded the Polynesian islands by drifting there on a balsa wood raft.

A good, honest boys own adventure.

Well worth looking at if you fancy a bit of derring do!

Just watched kon-tiki, the dramatization of the true story of a Norwegian explorer, Thor heyerdahl who proved peruvians founded the Polynesian islands by drifting there on a balsa wood raft.

A good, honest boys own adventure.

Well worth looking at if you fancy a bit of derring do!

I saw this in 2012 thought it was a really good film ( almost ruined by the shark bit ) , glad it's finally got a UK release on DVD

I've been to the exhibition in Oslo he / they were completely bonkers crossing the ocean on that thing !!

• Like 1

Watched "24 Hour Party People" last night.

Decent enough. Didn't know what to expect. I only watched it because I loved "Control" and heard this was a different sort of perspective on Joy Division (even though that's only one part of this movie)

Worth a watch. Thought Coogan played the part well, although I don't recall seeing much of Tony Wilson in real life so people might tell me he was way off.

Good insight into the Manchester Music scene at that time. Or at least, again, for someone like me who is too young to remember it in person. Again, someone who was there at the time might tell me it was nothing like that!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â