The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I've hated Mark Wahlberg for so long that I can't remember where I picked up the hatred from. Possibly it was his over-rated performance in Boogie Nights where he earned rave review for saying "****" a lot...but I think it was probably a bit later than that.

I doubt I'll see "The Fighter" as a result. It would be like watching a Stevie G DVD

I would suggest watching it for the performance of Bale alone. When you see the person he is supposed to be it is rather impressive. He really got the look and feel to the person down, along with the voice. Really impressed me in all honesty.

My Left Foot

An excellent film based on a true story about Christy Brown a man born with cerebral palsy. Despite his condition he goes on to make use of the only fully functional part of his body, his left foot. With his left foot he starts off by learning to write and eventually begins to make painting in great detail. In the mean time you see the progression emotionally of the guy in such a position and how it affected his family's life. A very heartwarming film in which Daniel Day-Lewis puts in an excellent performance. Highly recommended.

Watched Green Hornet today, enjoyed it thoroughly, underrated film imo. IMO the important thing is to remember that you're not watching a Spiderman or Dark Knight, in fact it's hardly a superhero movie at all if im perfectly honest. The main "villain" was brilliantly portrayed.

Seth Rogen needs to **** off though, totally miscast.

Watched Green Hornet today, enjoyed it thoroughly, underrated film imo. IMO the important thing is to remember that you're not watching a Spiderman or Dark Knight, in fact it's hardly a superhero movie at all if im perfectly honest. The main "villain" was brilliantly portrayed.

Chrisopher waltz was the person miscast IMO. How he went from Oscar worthy performance to a ham fisted and cliched villain I don't know.

Just watched Splice - a very bizarre but enjoyable genetic-dabbling thriller!

Pretty decent!

One question.

The mutant - would you?

erm......

would like to think not but who knows after a few beers :winkold:

:lol:

It'd be a nailed on 'yes' from me after a few beers ;)

Chrisopher waltz was the person miscast IMO. How he went from Oscar worthy performance to a ham fisted and cliched villain I don't know.

Hence "villain." For me once I realised he was meant to be laughed at and not the new Joker I started to enjoy his performance.

Have anyone seen "Revolver"? I had it recommended to me a while ago, but then another friend said it's shite. So, what is it? Anyone knows?

It's what happens when Guy Ritchie reads too much material he doesn't understand and decides to have a lovely big wank for everyone to see.

Avoid it like the plague. Oh, and shoot the friend who recommended it to you, it's for the best.

Have anyone seen "Revolver"? I had it recommended to me a while ago, but then another friend said it's shite. So, what is it? Anyone knows?

Watch/listen to this...

All you need to know about that pile of shit film.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â