The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

He was OK in Dusk till Dawn, held his own next to Clooney, but to be fair that's not a film reliant on acting talent! It's one of the last, great B movies, Pulp Fiction is the exact opposite of a B movie and he's comfortably the worst thing about it. You watch him and you know it's a man acting, that's not a good thing.

He's *terrible* in Django too. But you know what, I think he knows it and he doesn't care. In both cases it's an "intermission" of sorts, in which he gets to live the dream. So fair play.

django has 2 of my favourite movie moments of recent years - 

favourite line -

"i count 6 shots n*gger"

"i count 2 guns n*gger"

favourite moment - 

leonardo di caprio smashing the glass by accident cutting his hand and then improvising by wiping the blood all over kerry washingtons face, that scene alone should have won him the oscar

watched two smaller budgeted films over the weekend

1) Rob The Mob - true story of a Bonnie and Clyde-esque duo who began robbing Mafia social clubs during the John Gotti trial in the early 90s. Pretty decent but nothing too special

2) The Skeleton Twins - very black humoured, about estranged siblings brought back together on the day they both try to commit suicide, starring Kirsten Wiig and Dan Hader. The lip-sync scene is superb and it wasn't a bad 90 minutes in all.

• Like 1

favourite moment - 

leonardo di caprio smashing the glass by accident cutting his hand and then improvising by wiping the blood all over kerry washingtons face, that scene alone should have won him the oscar

That's a great moment.

Whilst I knew the smash was accidental and the rest was improvised, I'd always assumed they must have cut and added in the blood on the face bit afterwards.

If not it makes it even better!

How's Batman meant to stand a chance against Superman. Couldn't Superman just hover above Batman and keep shooting lasers out of his eyes at him, or something.

Superman could just destroy the Earth to make sure. 

• Like 1

Django Unchained for me at the weekend.

Really, really enjoyed it.

I saw it at the cinema, but the experience was ruined by the fact I was sat in front of some crazy old black guy who didn't shut up through the whole film, shouted at the screen any time anyone said "nigger" (which is obviously a lot) and laughed his head off when anybody got shot and did gun noises.

So yeah, hadn't seen it since then.

Enjoyed it much more this time around. Di Caprio, Foxx and Waltz are all excellent.

My only problems with it are the almost cartoonish gore, and Tarantino once again insisting he be in one of his films, whilst ignoring the fact he couldn't act his way out of a paper bag

He was good in dusk till dawn. Don't you think?

He was ok but as he didnt direct himself then was some control put on him

then again same director made this

Just finished watching The Guest.  Absolutely brilliant, like John Carpenter does 'A History Of Violence'.  And that soundtrack, holy hell.  Synthwavegasmic.

• Like 2

Whilst Suicide Squad looks shit (shocker, the comics daft as well), and that take on the Joker is atrocious, the laugh is ****' hopeless... this is better from Warner Bros..

https://youtu.be/w_Ky4KPzKwY

I never thought I'd say so, but that looks fun. Guy Ritchie seems to be carving a niche with these comedy action movies, which to date I've rather enjoyed.

Edited by Chindie

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â