The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

From what I can remember from the comic and by the looks of that trailer the leveller here is that batman is a broken angry bitter older man superman is being manipulated to be something that he doesn't really want to be and his hearts not really in it, don't forget they'll end this film on the same side

Who's the good guy? Batman or Superman?

Is there a good guy?

WHy are they fighting?

Depends on your point of view who is good and who isn't. Or if either are. In the comic anyway.

The trailer gives you the explanation for why they are fighting. Bruce holds Superman responsible for the destruction of Metropolis and believes he represents a threat to the world.

Maybe not even metropolis, saw a suggestion that metropolis and Gotham are sister cities separated by a bay (think san Francisco and Oakland) which you might see in the new trailer in the scene with the bat jet, and that some of the fighting actually spilled out in to Gotham, or that Wayne enterprises at least has a building in metropolis, the scene in the trailer with the laser bolts shooting out of the building before Bruce runs in to the cloud of dust from the collapsing building is meant to over lap the end of the superman film, you can see "Wayne financial" sign upside down as he hugs the child, then later you see the "dozens dead" headline on the "you let your family die" newspaper article, so superman inadvertently destroyed a Wayne building killing innocent people

Edited by villa4europe

Yeah Wayne Enterprises had a building in Metropolis which was destroyed during the finale of Man of Steel (there's no way they meant this but it's a nice way to use a criticism of MoS' finale to tie this movie into it) and people die, which sparks a retired Batman to put the cowl back on to fight Superman who he holds responsible.

Watched Harry Brown on Channel 5 (I know) last night. Really annoyed me, how terrible it was, after I'd heard people say good things. It was funny watching it, and going, "He's out of Game of Thrones. So is he. So is he..."

Watched Harry Brown on Channel 5 (I know) last night. Really annoyed me, how terrible it was, after I'd heard people say good things. It was funny watching it, and going, "He's out of Game of Thrones. So is he. So is he..."

Daily Mail : The Movie.

• Like 2

??

Thought it was a decent enough film, although I did find the ending a bit OTT.

Pooligan

I'd give it a 7/10

/pooligan

Edited by Jon

??

Thought it was a decent enough film, although I did find the ending a bit OTT.

Pooligan

I'd give it a 7/10

/pooligan

Caine performance aside, it's not great.

Awfully written story which practically descends into farce by the end, ridiculously one dimensional, stereotypical characters and an almost gleeful take on the violence.

Harry Brown aged really badly really fast. Unlike Gran Torino.

Gran Torino has it's problems, but yeah it's like Citizen Kane compared to Harry Brown.

Django Unchained for me at the weekend.

Really, really enjoyed it.

I saw it at the cinema, but the experience was ruined by the fact I was sat in front of some crazy old black guy who didn't shut up through the whole film, shouted at the screen any time anyone said "nigger" (which is obviously a lot) and laughed his head off when anybody got shot and did gun noises.

So yeah, hadn't seen it since then.

Enjoyed it much more this time around. Di Caprio, Foxx and Waltz are all excellent.

My only problems with it are the almost cartoonish gore, and Tarantino once again insisting he be in one of his films, whilst ignoring the fact he couldn't act his way out of a paper bag

Tarantino once again insisting he be in one of his films, whilst ignoring the fact he couldn't act his way out of a paper bag

Obviously ignoring his Oscar nominated* performance in Little Nicky.

*in my head.

• Like 1

Django Unchained for me at the weekend.

Really, really enjoyed it.

I saw it at the cinema, but the experience was ruined by the fact I was sat in front of some crazy old black guy who didn't shut up through the whole film, shouted at the screen any time anyone said "nigger" (which is obviously a lot) and laughed his head off when anybody got shot and did gun noises.

So yeah, hadn't seen it since then.

Enjoyed it much more this time around. Di Caprio, Foxx and Waltz are all excellent.

My only problems with it are the almost cartoonish gore, and Tarantino once again insisting he be in one of his films, whilst ignoring the fact he couldn't act his way out of a paper bag

He was good in dusk till dawn. Don't you think?

To be honest it's so long since I've seen that I can't really comment.

But Reservoir Dogs, Django and especially Pulp Fiction. All pretty bad.

His acting in Pulp Fiction, despite it being one of my favourite films ever, is terrible.

I was going to cite Pulp Fiction as an example of one of his good performances.

I think some people want every acting performance to be over the top, otherwise they think it's a bad performance.

You can play a good role without overacting it. What if the person is meant to be a bit dull, like Jimmy in Pulp Fiction?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â