The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Green Hornet is actually pretty good.

You have to leave your brain at the door but its an entertaining film, helps if you like seth rogen, but its his asian sidekick that steals the show (apparently quite a big pop star over there).

Do you know who needs to make more movies? Paul Veerhoven.

Yes, he usually makes them big, flawed and downright outrageous, but they are fantastic entertainment.

I was thinking about Veerhoven earlier on actually, there was an article I was reading about Rutger Hauer's best ten movies and Flesh and Blood was on the list. I fooking loved that film when I first saw it, I'd never seen a film which portrayed the medieval ages as so...well medieval. Top entertainment for anyone who hasn't seen it.

I was thing about Veerhoven earlier on actually, there was an article I was reading about Rutger Hauer's best ten movies and Flesh and Blood was on the list. I fooking loved that film when I first saw it, I'd never seen a film which portrayed the medieval ages as so...well medieval.
I think it's more renaissance than mediaeval, but either way, doesn't look too authentic to me:

fandb.jpg

I'll take your word on it being good though - might check it out.

I think it's more renaissance than mediaeval, but either way, doesn't look too authentic to me.

It's probably about as historically accurate as Carry on Cleo to be honest. It is, however, great fun.

Green Hornet is actually pretty good.

You have to leave your brain at the door but its an entertaining film, helps if you like seth rogen, but its his asian sidekick that steals the show (apparently quite a big pop star over there).

Really want to see Green Hornet.

For the romantics among us, The Killer Inside Me.

Winterbottom has a very eclectic style and choice of projects doesn't he? I half expected Steve Coogan to walk in at some point during the film*

Great performance from Casey Affleck again, and one of the most unsettling scenes I've watched for a while.

*not really

Not sure what to make of Catfish.

Shit's **** up.

Really liked it! Although the age rating is a spoiler of sorts as it rules out crazy axe wielding murderers

but its his asian sidekick that steals the show (apparently quite a big pop star over there).

Quite?! :D

He is HUGE over here. A bit surprised that you say he acted well though because he usually speaks English with a weird accent and the few times I've seen him act he's been terrible, even in his native language (Mandarin).

Anyway I'm watching it on Monday with a couple friends. Not really because I'm dying to watch it but it's something people from all walks of life can enjoy - I hope.

I used to like the Green Lantern comics a lot as a kid. Don't think I'll bother with the movie though.

Even though the first trailer isn't too great, i still think it will be much better than Green Hornet, which was awful imo.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â