The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

"Lucy" for me tonight. Not expecting great things but looks decent

Yes its pretty good

Mindless shit it is, leave your brain at the door and it's actually pretty enjoyable.

One of them if you take it for what it is its good fun, if you look for plot holes it'll do your head in after 20 minutes and you'll hate every second of it

• Like 1

"Lucy" for me tonight. Not expecting great things but looks decent

Yes its pretty good

Mindless shit it is, leave your brain at the door and it's actually pretty enjoyable.

One of them if you take it for what it is its good fun, if you look for plot holes it'll do your head in after 20 minutes and you'll hate every second of it

I was trying not to spoil things for xela. Anyway anything with Scarlett in is worth watching  :)

I really liked Lucy actually, yes it was daft but scarlet...

Get hard I actually quite liked aswell., reminded me lets be cops which I also enjoyed. I am a Will Ferrell fan though.

Saw mad max on Tuesday or Wednesday this week thought that was brilliant as well, almost no dialogue but it just didn't need it, felt like such a throwback.

Jurassic World is ridiculously daft, but entertaining nonetheless. Pratt is a good lead, and whilst there are several flaws to it and some weak dialogue it has dinosaurs, spectacle, tongue in cheek humour and a nice nod or three to the original. The climactic fight scene is just funny. The down side is there really is not enough hint of peril about the film. You know who lives and dies more or less, and the terror of raptors in the kitchen of the first one isn't replicated here. Though the raptors are good fun. More Aliens 2 than Alien basically.

Get hard I actually quite liked aswell., reminded me lets be cops which I also enjoyed. I am a Will Ferrell fan though.

Saw mad max on Tuesday or Wednesday this week thought that was brilliant as well, almost no dialogue but it just didn't need it, felt like such a throwback.

Lost in Translation is my go-to Scarlett movie... great movie and a great performance from her. Only 18 when she did it as well, a performance well beyond those years

Jurassic World is ridiculously daft, but entertaining nonetheless. Pratt is a good lead, and whilst there are several flaws to it and some weak dialogue it has dinosaurs, spectacle, tongue in cheek humour and a nice nod or three to the original. The climactic fight scene is just funny. The down side is there really is not enough hint of peril about the film. You know who lives and dies more or less, and the terror of raptors in the kitchen of the first one isn't replicated here. Though the raptors are good fun. More Aliens 2 than Alien basically.

Sounds like good fun, but I'll think I'll wait until its on Sky.

Makes you appreciate just how good the original Jurassic Park was by the sound of it.

Lost in Translation is my go-to Scarlett movie... great movie and a great performance from her. Only 18 when she did it as well, a performance well beyond those years

Yes also matchpoint she was really good in. 

• Like 1

man_who_wasnt_there_ver31__span.jpg

Watched this again today. One of my favourite Coen brothers movies and easily one of their most overlooked pieces of work.

A superb piece of film noir with B.B.Thornton at his best. If you haven't seen it then I can't recommend it enough  :thumb:

sounds fantastic, challenge accepted

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â