The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Yeah, she who shall not be named chose that one.

I didn't particularly think District 9 was much good, and Elysium was shite. So can't really say I'm looking forward to watching Chappie.

Give it a rest fella.  Some of us don't have a Voldermort.

• Like 1

Watched the highly praised Old Boy (the Korean version) and I thought it was terrible.

It just seemed like a load of kung fu schlock-horror disguised by arty direction and production values.

Very disappointing.

I then tried Inside Llewyn Davis which had a lot of typically charming Coen brothers quirkiness and had the added bonus of offering a bleak but consoling look at the miserable life of someone who is a nearly good enough guitar player/performer who exists on the periphery of showbiz. 5/10

Has the best ginger cat since Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Watched the highly praised Old Boy (the Korean version) and I thought it was terrible.

It just seemed like a load of kung fu schlock-horror disguised by arty direction and production values.

Very disappointing.

I then tried Inside Llewyn Davis which had a lot of typically charming Coen brothers quirkiness and had the added bonus of offering a bleak but consoling look at the miserable life of someone who is a nearly good enough guitar player/performer who exists on the periphery of showbiz. 5/10

Has the best ginger cat since Breakfast at Tiffany's.

I love Korean horror but never been able to watch old boy all the way through. I'm going to watch the remake though!I found missing, the isle, bedevilled more watchable

Are The Purge and The Purge: Anarchy any good?

Trying to decide what to watch later...

They're not really alike. First one tries to build a bit of tension, second one is pretty much straight action. Neither are especially good.

Watched some guff whilst immobile due to foot injury.

Son of a gun - Aussie crime drama, with ewan McGregor. started well but petered out.

Seventh son - woeful fantasy film with Jeff bridges chewing wasps throughout. It had the look and feel of 80s flicks such as krull and hawk the slayer but nowhere near as good (and they're pretty naff) Avoid!

The hunger games mockingjay 1 - found it tedious and dull.

Tonight, I'm hoping '71 bucks the trend of my recent viewing!!!

Watched the Imitation Game a few nights ago. 

Keira Knightly is delightful. Cumberbatch can act like a good 'un. 

It should be a source of national shame what was done to Turing. Terrible way to treat him. 

Edited by Eames

Watched the Imitation Game a few nights ago. 

Keira Knightly is delightful. Cumberbatch can act like a good 'un. 

It should be a source of national shame what was done to Turing. Terrible way to treat him. 

Agree, but it should be a source of national shame what that film did to the facts.

• Like 1

Well yes - but it wouldn't be films if they didn't take the piss would it? U571 was a particular travesty in that regard. 

Yep. Some day they'll make a biopic about the lovely Kiera and her part will be played by somebody with boobs. I mean imagine!

Well yes - but it wouldn't be films if they didn't take the piss would it? U571 was a particular travesty in that regard. 

Yep. Some day they'll make a biopic about the lovely Kiera and her part will be played by somebody with boobs. I mean imagine!

Ooooh you bitch! 

Hearing that Kingsman has been cut/ for home release. The controversial ending scene has apparently been toned down a little, which is a shame as, as low as the humour was, it fit with the tone of the film well.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â