The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Useless put Celine and Julie in the list, I've never heard of it.

I've not seen that many comedies to be honest, its not that I have a downer on just chick flicks its pretty much comedy that I just don't get.

I never understand how people can laugh at something when they are on their own or if they are reading a book, I can see something and in my head I will think 'yeah thats funny' but I won't actually laugh out loud, same if I'm reading a book. I just don't think I'm built for amusing books or films.

Kingsman ....3/10 .....load of shite to be honest ...like mark strongs accent in it 

I thought it was utter wank too. Some of the fight scenes were good mainly because I was a bit shocked to see Colin Firth stabbing people in the head, usually though i'm not a fight scene kinda guy. But meh, seen it all before. 

I haven't seen it, but I thought it looked completely shit from the trailer.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall is another "Acceptable chick flick" - in fact, I think it's bloomin' hilarious at times...

Another acceptable chick flick would be Crazy Stupid Love with Steve Carell.  Good movie, chick flick or otherwise.

• Like 1

The lines of what counts as a chick flick are blurred.

She who shall not be named made fun of me on the weekend for liking "I Love You, Man"

I never considered that as a chick flick but apparently it is.

I also wouldn't have included "Forgetting Sarah Marshall", which is also a great film.

Hard to tell these days!

Edited by Stevo985

I enjoyed Kingsman as well. It's a fun modern take on a Bond spoof, less overtly stupid than the likes of Austin Powers, but still funny and with some disarming violence.

Oxfords, not brogues

The Ninth Gate (1999) 

I watched this last night and really enjoyed it.I  thought it would be a good film when i noticed it was a Roman Polanski film.,i can't recall seeing to many of his films that i have not enjoyed. Johnny Depp was really good i thought. A 7.5 i would score it.

what makes a 'chick flick'  acceptable? what would be an unacceptable 'chick flick' and why?

One that is a shit film, which a high proportion of them tend to be.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â