The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Said it before, but one of my favourites. Wonderful film. Would make my top 10 list. 

a14319a38009cd75740a2ab43b98a9be.jpg

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

Said it before, but one of my favourites. Wonderful film. Would make my top 10 list. 

Have you seen the original mate? Worth checking out if you haven't  :thumb:

Edited by Designer1

Will Poulter has been cast as Pennywise in the new IT film. Interesting.

He's got kind of an odd face, which is good, is young, which doesnt matter, and I've only seen him in Narnia so...my first reaction was 'oh it's that guy with the eyebrows'. Don't think he's been officially cast yet though.

Edited by hogso

Will Poulter has been cast as Pennywise in the new IT film. Interesting.

He's got kind of an odd face, which is good, is young, which doesnt matter, and I've only seen him in Narnia so...my first reaction was 'oh it's that guy with the eyebrows'. Don't think he's been officially cast yet though.

Excellent young actor, very good in Wild Bill and Son of Rambow and from what i've read he's great in Glassland too (that's on my to-watch list).

The age thing is interesting. I wonder if they'll make him up much older or keep it similar to his actual age?

Watched a fair few movies recently

- Horrible Bosses 2 - funny in parts and an easy watch - 6/10

- Lets be Cops - I found it quite funny but probably because I like New Girl - 6.5/10

- TMNT - Turtles is my favourite ever cartoon and I loved the first movie, this was ok - 5.5/10

- Hobbit - Battle of Five Armies - as a film on its own it is very entertaining - 7/10

- How to train your dragon 2 - good wholesome family fun - 6.5/10

- Big Hero 6 - fantastic film - 7.5/10

Not a new film but watched Departed again at the weekend.  Great move and how did Leo not get an Oscar!  As good as the original IMO

Have you seen the original mate? Worth checking out if you haven't  :thumb:

I haven't mate but bee meaning to source it to watch  :)

• Like 1

suicide squad looks like a mix between GI Joe and the expendables

the cast seems far too big for a start, 9 in that photo, plus the joker, plus amanda waller, plus at least 1 antagonist and rumoured cameos (lex luther and batman) and it seems very poorly balanced, not enough big names and TV actors, they needed a bigger name as the main character, its going to be very hard to develop any of them enough for people to care, and with maybe the exception of harley quinn they all need developing, they'll need to use arrow and other media outlets to develop them (thinking the games, all of them were in lego batman, killer croc, harley quinn and deadshot have been in a couple) 

the budget is rumoured to be $40m which when you take out the casts wages (will smith) doesn't leave a whole lot left for set design and locations etc (in comparison avengers was $280m, GotG $170m, xmen DoFP $200m, fantastic four $120m)

i think unlike marvel gambling with guardians DC arent established enough (or been successful enough) to get away with this

it'll need politicians too, not sure if they'll try and spin it somehow and bring back red skull as a politician somewhere in it, but then as soon as i saw robert redford cast in CA2 i thought red skull

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â