The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Might as week be speaking in a foreign language.

I've thought for a while we should have a comic book movies only thread. It's not a knock on you guys, you like what you like even if I find it unbearable. Just saying, I think it's a good idea. You can dress up and stuff.

Why? It's the Film thread, it's a place to talk about films in general and I for one would hate to see it diluted into genres.

As someone who embraces many genres of film, from arthouse to comic book movies I enjoy reading diverse views on a wide range of film styles.

Because I can't understand what they are talking about and I'm a man who dislikes anything he cannot understand. Also, I found it amusing to crowbar in the phrase "you can dress up and stuff". I was after cheap likes.

The problem is with me basically because I'm too lazy to look this stuff up.

I saw Watchmen recently and thoroughly enjoyed it, do I really need to know how "true" it was to the source material? Genuine question.

Might as week be speaking in a foreign language.

I've thought for a while we should have a comic book movies only thread. It's not a knock on you guys, you like what you like even if I find it unbearable. Just saying, I think it's a good idea. You can dress up and stuff.

Why? It's the Film thread, it's a place to talk about films in general and I for one would hate to see it diluted into genres.

As someone who embraces many genres of film, from arthouse to comic book movies I enjoy reading diverse views on a wide range of film styles.

Because I can't understand what they are talking about and I'm a man who dislikes anything he cannot understand. Also, I found it amusing to crowbar in the phrase "you can dress up and stuff". I was after cheap likes.

The problem is with me basically because I'm too lazy to look this stuff up.

I saw Watchmen recently and thoroughly enjoyed it, do I really need to know how "true" it was to the source material? Genuine question.

its about 95% there

they tweak the ending (for the better IMO) and change a couple of minor other things, theres a lot of time saving stuff so bits of back story and character development are missing, but most importantly they cut out the 2 blokes at the newstand who are in it 5/6 times talking about how the world is ending, thats what the film really doesnt do, it cant capture the doomsday clock end of the world tone that the comic does which has a huge impact on the ending making sense

I didn't even know there were walking dead comics until about 2 weeks ago. Can't fathom it.

I didn't know that until I read this post.

Although it makes sense. I don't like The Walking Dead and everybody else seems to love it. Which fits in with most comic book films/shows.

Anyone know a film where someone is told to chop down a tree in one hit using their anger, or something similar to that?

I can picture the scene I just can't remember what it was from.

Edit: I've just figured it out actually. I won't say though, we'll see who gets it first.

Kickboxer or bloodsport ?

Definitely Van Damme.

Nah, it was actually Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.

VanDammeKickingTree-500x370-1024x605.jpg

Anyone know a film where someone is told to chop down a tree in one hit using their anger, or something similar to that?

I can picture the scene I just can't remember what it was from.

Edit: I've just figured it out actually. I won't say though, we'll see who gets it first.

Kickboxer or bloodsport ?

Definitely Van Damme.

Nah, it was actually Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.

• Like 1

Under The Skin (2013)

After watching this,i could not quite make my mind up if it is a good film or not. It is certainly different though.Worth a look,just to be able to see the charms of Scarlett Johansson. I gave it a 6/10 

Down with splintering the forum further - this thread is fine as it is! Roar.

Despite not being a big horror fan, watched The Babadook last night, fortunately in the company of someone else. Remarkably chilling, excellently done. Mother and son are superb.

• Like 2

I'm not a big horror fan but did enjoy The Woman In Black - found it genuinely scary (although I am a big scaredycat!)

Edited by Xela

When are The Beano and Dandy going to get their own cinematic universe?

Iron Man v The Bash St kids..

Desperate Dan could take Iron Man with one hand tied behind his back.
  • Like 1

When are The Beano and Dandy going to get their own cinematic universe?

Iron Man v The Bash St kids..

Desperate Dan could take Iron Man with one hand tied behind his back.

Iron Man raises stakes with Bleeding Edge armour, wins everything as massively OP.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â