The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Anyone know a film where someone is told to chop down a tree in one hit using their anger, or something similar to that?

I can picture the scene I just can't remember what it was from.

Edit: I've just figured it out actually. I won't say though, we'll see who gets it first.
Edited by packoman

Marvel's Antman.

That's looking far better than it has any right to, given not only the standard of character they're dealing with but also the turmoil the whole thing has been in throughout production. It's still going to be a weird post credits scene of a film though, it's part of Phase 2 in the MCU but comes after Phase 2's closer, Age of Ultron.

Edited by Chindie

Might as week be speaking in a foreign language.

I've thought for a while we should have a comic book movies only thread. It's not a knock on you guys, you like what you like even if I find it unbearable. Just saying, I think it's a good idea. You can dress up and stuff.

• Like 1

its meant to be an outright comedy too, even more so that GotG

with that, the obvious super hero action stuff, captain america trying to become more like a thriller and deadpool (i know its fox) confirmed to be going for a 15 or 18 rating, they are at least trying to diversify their range

not sure some will be happy with 3 films and 6 tv shows a year though...

not sure some will be happy with 3 films a year though...

Those some should probably support their films more then. The movie World is very simple. Whatever makes bank, that's what's going to be made. Comic book movies are, generally, a no brainer and very low risk because fans of the genre will go and support them.

I have a mate who's incredibly pretentious when it comes to film and tv shows. Does he go to the cinema to watch the type of films he likes? Does he hell.

Edited by kurtsimonw

Might as week be speaking in a foreign language.

I've thought for a while we should have a comic book movies only thread. It's not a knock on you guys, you like what you like even if I find it unbearable. Just saying, I think it's a good idea. You can dress up and stuff.

Why? It's the Film thread, it's a place to talk about films in general and I for one would hate to see it diluted into genres.

As someone who embraces many genres of film, from arthouse to comic book movies I enjoy reading diverse views on a wide range of film styles.

• Like 1

Anyone know a film where someone is told to chop down a tree in one hit using their anger, or something similar to that?

I can picture the scene I just can't remember what it was from.

Edit: I've just figured it out actually. I won't say though, we'll see who gets it first.

Kickboxer or bloodsport ?

Definitely Van Damme.

Edited by Brumerican

when we did the reshuffle a couple of years back i did suggest a film and tv forum...

if games and gaming and yank sports have one then im sure a film and tv one would be very popular

Definitely a good idea IMO.

The Aviator - watched this again for the first time in a number of years. Bit of a slow burner but DiCaprio is excellent as usual. A solid 7/10

Vanilla Sky - one of my favourites of all time. Not to everyone's tastes but I think it is wonderful. 9/10

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â