The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Saw this tonight

127_Hours_Poster.jpg

Excellent movie, and 'that' scene is everything you've heard it is. :twisted:

Oh, and when the movie had finished a woman sitting behind (who had been chatting most of the way through it) stood up and said 'That would never really happen, so far fetched.' I despair sometimes.

the_scouting_book_for_boys.jpg

Very good film. An interesting story which grows decidedly darker as the movie progresses and great performances from Thomas Turgoose (yet again), Rafe Spall and Holliday Grainger.

Agreed, very much back to his best. It's amazing how comitted he is to his job, (slimming down, regaining the weight etc). The whole cast was very good infact, even Mark Wahlberg who I'm not usually a fan of.

Also watched 127 Hours, Franco was a lot better then I expected and the film got me gripped all the way through. Really is a horrifying situation to be in.

Mr Plinkett's review of Star Wars episode 3 is up. :D

I think it's been up for a few days now so this might be old news (it might already be in this thread, I'm too lazy to check) but if it's a patch on the reviews of Episode 1 and Episode 2 then I am in for a treat as those two things are amongst the best things I have ever seen on the internet. If you have never seen them before, allow yourself some times as they weigh in almost as long as the movies themselves (90+ minutes) but they are actually better than the movies. The kicking Episode 1 gets is truly savage and utterly hilarious.

Highly recommended.

Agreed! I don't know if I've got time to sit through it all but it's funny!

Thirded. I followed The Rev's link off another thread. I've convinced about a dozen other people to look it up and everyone thinks it's brilliant.

I never got round to watching episode 3 (episode 2 got more laughs than a Jim Carey film in the cinema) so might have to watch it just so I can enjoy the review!

I stand by what I say. The Phantom Menace review is better than The Phantom Menace. I'd go as far as to say its the best internet video ever made.

You have to watch this one first I think. But seriously, watch it. Give it six minutes and see if you can answer the question he asks.

Ha Ha, very funny. I love films and I don't think the deep disappointment of the Phantom Menace will ever leave. The contrast between the first 3 films and the new ones is unbelievable, how he got it so wrong is anyone's guess. In a galaxy far far away a proper film was made. Just now here. Gutted.

I have been building a model from Star Wars for 8 months, just finishing the LED's/fibre optics and stuff. Will post some pics soon, maybe Sunday as it's real close to finish. Scale is 1442/1 so not easy hence the timescale.

Mr Plinkett's review of Star Wars episode 3 is up. :D

I think it's been up for a few days now so this might be old news (it might already be in this thread, I'm too lazy to check) but if it's a patch on the reviews of Episode 1 and Episode 2 then I am in for a treat as those two things are amongst the best things I have ever seen on the internet. If you have never seen them before, allow yourself some times as they weigh in almost as long as the movies themselves (90+ minutes) but they are actually better than the movies. The kicking Episode 1 gets is truly savage and utterly hilarious.

Highly recommended.

Agreed! I don't know if I've got time to sit through it all but it's funny!

Thirded. I followed The Rev's link off another thread. I've convinced about a dozen other people to look it up and everyone thinks it's brilliant.

I never got round to watching episode 3 (episode 2 got more laughs than a Jim Carey film in the cinema) so might have to watch it just so I can enjoy the review!

I stand by what I say. The Phantom Menace review is better than The Phantom Menace. I'd go as far as to say its the best internet video ever made.

You have to watch this one first I think. But seriously, watch it. Give it six minutes and see if you can answer the question he asks.

Thank you for improving my life

Have anyone seen The tourist? I'm about to watch it with a friend any day now and would like to know if it's good or not.

It sucks the sweat from a dead mans balls mate. Predictable, cliched shite. Avoid.

In my opinion of course. :winkold:

Have anyone seen The tourist? I'm about to watch it with a friend any day now and would like to know if it's good or not.

It sucks the sweat from a dead mans balls mate. Predictable, cliched shite. Avoid.

In my opinion of course. :winkold:

And after such a stunning film previous.

If you don't mind a bit of controversy, Four Lions is arguably the funniest film I have ever seen, whilst also delivering a very good message. I can't speak highly enough of it - film of 2010.

Or go for any of the early Kubrick's if bored (basically anything before Eyes Wide Shut).

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â