The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Never seen Raging Bull. Or any of the Rocky series.

In fact I've only ever seen one boxing movie, an old b&w Humphrey Bogart one called The Harder They Fall. Only watched it because I was 'collecting' all the Bogart films.

raging bull is good it feels violent in a way that a lot of films try and do and just cant, rocky has that special nostalgic feel about them but they're rubbish to be fair

theres some good boxing films about, the fighter is a great film, cinderella man is really underrated, ali, i didnt think million dollar baby was that special, the tyson documentary is good, when we were kings is probably better, hurricane 

Edited by villa4europe

sq_miss_violence.jpg

I watched this recently.

It's a difficult movie for me to recommend as such as it's incredibly slow moving and unrelentlessly bleak from the opening sequence.

It is however, one of the most fascinating and thoroughly rivetting movies i've watched for a while, I could not take my eyes off it.

It has a similar style to some of Michael Haneke's work, and is essentially about a (very) dysfunctional family from Greece and the relationships between family members. The acting (particularly from the father played by Themis Panou) is top notch.

I found it excellent, but it's certainly not a date movie  :)

• Like 1

Giamatti is one of my favourite actors. I think he is so so good.

Just watched Ruby Sparks. I don't think I enjoyed it. Could've gone a few different directions and played it a bit safe.

Giamatti, Dano and Tucci are some of the best actors out there for me, hardly hidden secrets but rarely take the lead role. 

Layer Cake (2004)

I watched this last night and i really enjoyed it.Good story and plenty of action.Not usually a great fan of Daniel Craig,but i thought he was really good in this, 7/10 for me

Went to the flicks with the girly last night (Taken 3 (pretty rubbish)), saw an advert before it started starring double J. I'm not even sure what it was for, as I had that 'I know her but I don't' conversation. Looking good though baselayers!

Bronson - Just a straight up character piece that delves into the mind of a super crazy criminal. Tom Hardy delivers a superb performance that is deranged, comedic and intimidating but you still kind of root for him. Ridiculous.

Still think his best role was Harvey Pekar in American Splendor - he was incredible in that film.

I absolutely love Giamatti, but what the hell is he doing playing Rhino in The Amazing Spider-man 2 and, presumably, the third film too? So random.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â