The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

hmm, must admit I absolutely loved Locke. Accent aside which took some time for me to get used to, there were so many little things about Locke, in addition to the whole trapped one man in conflict schtick which I enjoyed. As well as the strong lead performance, the level of control in the direction, and some of the shots were well crafted. I think it had plenty of elements that appealed to me in general. Suppose, it's one of those films you figure out quite early on whether you''re going to really go for it, or get frustrated mind. 

I have recently watched the latest Transformers movie.  It has found a place in my 5 worst movies of all time.  Utter drivel.  I waited for the dinobots to turn up hoping against hope that the movie might improve, but if anything it actually got worse.  This is genuine scraping the bottom of the barrel movie making and I regret the time I put into watching it.  The only saving grace is that I had enough sense to turn it off after the dinobots arrived.  I wish I could say how far through the movie was at that stage, but as there is no decernable plot I could have been in the middle or at the finale, the only thing I know for sure is that I was not at the start as it felt like a lifetime had passed to get to that point.

Oh and the product placement was just ridiculous.  Holy mother of god it was jarring, obvious, ham fisted and damn well disrespectful to the audience.  Michael Bay should be ashamed of himself, but I fear he is instead laughing his tits off as he watches the unfathomably huge sums of money roll in for his travesty of a movie.

Serves you right for watching it!

All i can hope is that you pirated the movie so no money changed hands for you to see it.

Never seen a second of any of them and don't plan on changing that any time soon. Re: Michael Bay, I wouldn't be surprised if he thought they were great movies and loved by the public, its got to be the biggest grossing franchise of all time surely?

Unless people start voting with their wallet we'll keep seeing them, can't say it bothers me though because i will just keep avoiding them. Only disappointing thing is that people are missing so many quality movies every year to watch mainstream shite like that.

its great how they managed to change all the characters, reboot it and yet it was exactly the same as every other transformers film...

i think the money has started to dip for the franchise in the yankland and european markets but they have quite cleverly angled the film for the asian market (additional scenes, chinese product placement, hong kong) and that is picking up the slack and more some

No Best Actor nomination for Jake Gyllenhaal for Nightcrawler

I've not seen Birdman and hear Keaton should romp the award but to not even get a nomination was a shock

guess the brown envelope didn't have enough in it ...

No Best Actor nomination for Jake Gyllenhaal for Nightcrawler

That's crazy, I actually thought he would win it. (Haven't seen Birdman either though)

Also disappointed American Sniper is nominated but not Fury.

Edited by packoman

Really enjoyed Nightcrawler.  Jake Gyllenhall's performance is fantastic- very creepy.  Great to see Riz Ahmed as well.   Not sure how Gyllenhall didn't get an Oscar nod.

Looking forward to watching Whiplash.  I said last year to the wife that Miles Teller will be a big star (she didn't care and had no idea who he was).  I saw him in That Awkward Moment, 21 & Over and Two Night Stand.  Although pretty average but fun films you could tell he was a star in the making.

• Like 1

Really enjoyed Nightcrawler. Jake Gyllenhall's performance is fantastic- very creepy. Great to see Riz Ahmed as well. Not sure how Gyllenhall didn't get an Oscar nod.

Looking forward to watching Whiplash. I said last year to the wife that Miles Teller will be a big star (she didn't care and had no idea who he was). I saw him in That Awkward Moment, 21 & Over and Two Night Stand. Although pretty average but fun films you could tell he was a star in the making.

Funnily enough you haven't seen his best work prior to Whiplash which is the spectacular now.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â