The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Took my daughter to see Into the Woods last night, even with the unbearable James Corden i really enjoyed it. 8/10

Just come back from it. I thought it was utterly awful. And I don't mind James Corden.
Each to their own i guess lol.
  • Like 1

Took my daughter to see Into the Woods last night, even with the unbearable James Corden i really enjoyed it. 8/10

Just come back from it. I thought it was utterly awful. And I don't mind James Corden.
Each to their own i guess lol.
On my phone. Hopefully these spoilers work!

I was quite enjoying it until the ending where it was perfectly completed for a fairytale film. But it wasn't the end. It felt like the rest was about 10 hours it dragged on so long.

What was the whole baker's wife with the prince thing about? What about the other magic beans the witch threw about? So the baker never got reunited with his sister then?

It just seemed like the stuff after the giant appearing was so completely random that it was pointless. Every time they broke into another song with weird lyrics ( seriously weird ) I kept thinking about getting up and walking out. My kids aren't especially young but others were, and I assumed they'd be having a hard time.keeping them interested while the pace slowed right down for no discernable reason.

But I do think Emily Blunt and I would get on like a house on fire.

• Like 1

I'm watching Snitch, starring Dwayne Johnson.

Now, as much as I love The Rock, and I do love him, almost too much, it's **** dreadful.

His acting is absolutely awful in this one!

If there was such thing as a cliché detector, it would have exploded by now, and I'm only 15 minutes in.

Edited by Stevo985

Hope And Glory  (1987)

I really enjoyed watching this film. It is a story about a young boys life during war time England.It brought back memories of stories my mother use to tell me of how things were during her childhood,the good old days as she use to call them! 7/10 for me

Hope And Glory  (1987)

I really enjoyed watching this film. It is a story about a young boys life during war time England.It brought back memories of stories my mother use to tell me of how things were during her childhood,the good old days as she use to call them! 7/10 for me

Somewhat overlooked film. They lay on the melodrama very thick, but its still a good movie.

Watched "Calvary" on Saturday.

I like Brendan Gleeson, he's a fine actor...Dylan Moran and the guy from The IT Crowd were excellent playing it straight...but what a depressing movie. Would have liked a different ending if I'm honest

Hope And Glory (1987)

Somewhat overlooked film. They lay on the melodrama very thick, but its still a good movie.

Hope and glory is a good movie

Another thumbs up ofr Kings Of Summer :thumb:

A great coming-of-age film that can sit alongside Stand By Me and The Way Way Back

I think I am so fond of that movie mainly for the one scene where they have "Biagio" in the prison cell and the two police officers are watching him through the 2-way mirror, honestly havent laughed that much in years. Also who could forget the made up kidnapping notes.

• Like 1

August: Osage County

Touching and hilarious black comedy starring Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts.

Not really recommended for the uxorious in denial; I would probably group it together with films like Whose Afraid of Virginia Woolf, The Ice Storm and Ordinary People.

Streep's monstrous matriarch is probably a little bit over the top but I thought Julia Roberts performance was stunningly controlled.

Another thumbs up ofr Kings Of Summer :thumb:

A great coming-of-age film that can sit alongside Stand By Me and The Way Way Back

I think I am so fond of that movie mainly for the one scene where they have "Biagio" in the prison cell and the two police officers are watching him through the 2-way mirror, honestly havent laughed that much in years. Also who could forget the made up kidnapping notes.

Moises Arias, the kid who plays Biaggio, absolutely steals that movie in my opinion. He was absolutely hilarious.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â