The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I think, like a lot of horror films, that as soon as you see the scary thing, you have one of two reactions: to be even more scared, or not scared at all. With me, it was the latter. I found the scary thing to be daft, and it moved like a cricket on e's. The final half an hour was unintentionally hilarious.

Watched Fury today.

7/10. Some good solid WWII action along with Brad Pitt doing an ok job. Last scene is actually quite good.

Have a look at Unbroken when you get chance. Magnificent movie and all true.

Poseidon  (2006)  

I was unaware of this film.I have seen the Poseidon Adventure several times and in my opinion it is a very good film.While this film is worth watching ,i don't think its as good 6/10

War Games was alright wasn't? Admittedly been a very long time since I've seen it.

WarGames is clearly his best film. Nothing else comes close.

I mean he took on the WOPR and beat it at noughts and crosses.

• Like 1

Saw Foxcatcher tonight.

Much slower pace than I was expecting. 2 people walked out I guess it was too slow for them. But it had me hooked.

There is a constant feeling of unease and dread running throughout the film and just as you think it's going to boil over , Bennett Miller would end the scene. Some people may possibly find that irritating.

I knew little about the true events therefore the ending had a huge impact on me and Some scenes were incredibly uncomfortable to watch.

Jonah hill and Seymour Hoffman have both won oscars under Millers direction and it wouldn't surprise me if Carrell, Tatum or Ruffalo take one home this time.

Carrell is simply superb and its a career changing performance. I've always liked his comedic acting but this performance proves he's the real deal.

Matthew Broderick's top 2:

1 Ferris Bueller

2 The Road to Wellville 

1. Ferris Bueller

2. Election

War Games was alright wasn't? Admittedly been a very long time since I've seen it.

Hasn't aged that well, unlike Bueller which still looks fresh.

Watched 3 Days To Kill (written by Luc Besson and starring Kevin Costner) and didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did!

Yes, it was a typical paint-by-numbers Besson, Paris-located action-thriller in the vain of Taken but it had some decent moments and was injected with some amusing characters and scripting that made it more tongue-in-cheek than 'taken' itself too seriously.

An easy way to spend 90 odd minutes.

The Grand Budapest Hotel was really good. Enjoyed it more than I thought as never been a massive Wes Anderson fan. Exceptional ensemble cast led by a great performance by Fiennes. 

• Like 3

Took my daughter to see Into the Woods last night, even with the unbearable James Corden i really enjoyed it. 8/10

Just come back from it. I thought it was utterly awful. And I don't mind James Corden.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â