The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Watched Starred Up earlier - very bleak but the main protagonist wasn't easy to like/root for.

One of my favourites from last year - I think Jack O'Connell is a huge talent, and as for Ben Mendelsohn? An absolute cut above many contemporary actors imo.

Watched Starred Up earlier - very bleak but the main protagonist wasn't easy to like/root for.

One of my favourites from last year - I think Jack O'Connell is a huge talent, and as for Ben Mendelsohn? An absolute cut above many contemporary actors imo.

Jack O'Connell played the part very well (so much better than he was in 300: Rise of an Empire!!!) and Ben Mendelsohn was also decent (but prefered his role in Animal Kingdom!)

Draw back of having seen just about every new release film on offer on the plane was I picked a few films that weren't on my radar

25th Hour with Ed Norton was a pretty decent film not sure how I'd missed it previously seeing as I'm a fan of Most of Nortons work

Watched a Japanese film called "All round Appraiser Q , the eyes of the mona lisa " ( great title ! )

Quite enjoyable to the point that it must be the first time I've seen a Japanese film and not thought of Bukake

Edited by tonyh29

I thought it was a decent enough film whilst also being almost immediately forgettable.

Going to rewatch I Am Legend, a favourite of mine.

read the book, you'll then think the film is an absolute atrocity, changed way too much and completely bottled an amazing ending

The end is the whole point of the 1954 book - an outrage to change it - and its not even a change for the better...

• Like 1

There is a different ending for I Am Legend, which is better.

Its just a case of altering the end - The end of the book very cleverley and somewhat brilliantly - explains the film title 'Iam legend' - ergo the whole point of the book - the shitty end to the film completley misses this - and says he is a legend for a totally different (more predictable) reason.

The books only a short story  (around 150 pages) - its on amazon its well worth £5

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â