The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I think it's overrated. It just seemed like an overly long episode of Miami Vice with Pacino doing his big ham and the others shuffling through it. There's something a bit 'made for TV' about the production in my opinion. All style and big cast over substance. I said it. There. I'm sorry.

• Like 1

I think there's a pretty solid balance between style and substance in Heat. Plenty of time devoted to the relationships of the primary characters. Not many heist flicks go for the human being angle like Heat did. 

• Like 1

I think it's overrated. It just seemed like an overly long episode of Miami Vice with Pacino doing his big ham and the others shuffling through it. There's something a bit 'made for TV' about the production in my opinion. All style and big cast over substance. I said it. There. I'm sorry.

Totally agree - It's a decent film but Michael Mann can't direct people anywhere near as well as he directs set pieces.

Edited by Designer1

Ride Along - couldn't get into it and didn't laugh once. Awful film.

Just looked on wikipedia, it gained awful reviews but as it made money, a sequel is being made!  :angry:

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â