The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Batman_returns_poster2.jpg

An underrated Christmas classic!

Pfeiffer is absolutely batshit insane in this film. Well, everyone is. That's why it is great.

All 3 at the top of their games.

Wonderfully dark and disturbing.

Michelle Pfeiffer about as hot as she's ever been.

• Like 1

King Arthur (2004)   It seems after watching this film,you either love or hate it and also you like Clive Owen or dislike him.Well i really enjoyed watching the film and i like Clive Owen Would give it a 7/10

• Like 1

Oh The Prestige  is chuffing excellent  :excl:

So very Nolan in many ways, but I can see why people love it. Will contest a battle in my mind for supremacy with Batman Begins for bragging rights. WAs a bit of a slow burner, but once it got going, by the second hour I was impressed and suitably delighted at the end, which could have multiple different satisfying endings but that one was good enough for me. 

Man In The Attic  (1953)  Came across this movie by chance and must say i enjoyed it.The story was a decent one and the movie is certainly worth a look. Jack Palance stars in it, i must admit i had forgotten all about him,when i was a kid,he seemed to be in almost every film i watched 6/10

I like Seth Rogan, James Franco and all that lot. They don't take themselves seriously, and their films aren't to be taken seriously. They're all obviously really good mates and just have the luxury of being rich and making stupid films. I envy it. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 4

Hobbit 3 and Dumb and Dumber To tomorrow. Looking forward to the first, expecting DaDT to be pretty poor though, just nothing else on.

Started watching dumb and dumber last night but only got about 30 mins in, it was still really funny.

Don't think it has been reviewed too well but if you like the first one you should enjoy the 2nd, its almost as if the 20 year gap doesn't exist apart from Jim Carrey looks a lot older.

Today is the 25th anniversary of watching Santa Clause The Movie on Xmas Eve in our household tonight.

THE definitive xmas film for me.

A proper looking Santa Claus, an amazing North pole toy workshop, old school wooden toys, great soundtrack and topped off with an evil John Lithgow.

Washed down with Italian red wine and cheese. Mmmmmmm.

Today is the 25th anniversary of watching Santa Clause The Movie on Xmas Eve in our household tonight.

THE definitive xmas film for me.

A proper looking Santa Claus, an amazing North pole toy workshop, old school wooden toys, great soundtrack and topped off with an evil John Lithgow.

Washed down with Italian red wine and cheese. Mmmmmmm.

Our Xmas regulars are Scrooged, Bad Santa and then Muppets Christmas Carol and Scrooge (with Alistair Sim) on Xmas Eve. Been doing those for years now, and it wouldn't be the same without them.

I'm gutted about the muppets being on later, I think 5 years on the trot I've watched it about now while wrapping presents, put a shift in last night while watching national lampoons but now I'm watching miracle on 34th street, which I like, but it's not the same :(

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â