The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

So Sony have cancelled the release of 'The Interview' because of threats made by a hacking group. 

Quite absurd really, hope they release it digitally. 

The feds are accusing the North Korean state of the Sony email hack and all the threats to theaters and the public. The whole thing is really quite extraordinary. Not condoning the hack/threats, but making a movie about assassinating an actual living head of state is stupid and irresponsible, especially when that head of state is a paranoid lunatic.

Watched quite a few lately

22 Jump Street - Loved the first one, but this one was just slightly wide of the mark for me. Not many laughs. meh/10

Under the Skin - absolutely bloody brilliant. Had to watch it a second time the day after though. Bit of a head ****. Scarlett/10

The Muppet Christmas Carol - best christmas film ever. That is all. 50/10

Trains Planes and Automobiles - absolute classic. a million/10

Got Nightcrawler and Boyhood to watch tomorrow

• Like 2

Billy Connolly wasn't a dwarf really though was he?

It was billy Connolly punched in to a computer, rendering a fake beard on to him, making him smaller, riding a hog, making him basically something my ps3 did 5 years a go, but at least he as a character model in front of the generic 800 dwarves behind him who were actually about 5 character models who were conveniently covered in armour as to blur the repetitive animations...

Like I said previously, the cgi in the hobbit is worse than LOTR

Django Unchained (2012)    I finally got to watch this last night.I had heard and read many good reviews about this film and i can see why.I really enjoyed it and thought it was a really good to watch Would give it a 8/10

I know he gets pelters from a few people but I always look forward to a new Tarantino movie. I find his plagiarism is sometimes ridiculously OTT and obvious but i'm never less than entertained by his movies and I would love to go for a beer with the bloke and just chat movies. From interviews i've read, he's just the ultimate movie fan boy and incredibly enthusiastic about the whole movie genre which is something I can completely identify with.

I even enjoyed the Grindhouse movies so ner ner  :)

• Like 1

I thought Django was overrated. As are most Tarantino movies, IMO. His best movie is the one that gets the least respect, Inglorious Basterds.

In the words of Arnold J. Rimmer - "Wrong, wrong, absolutely brimming over with wrong-ability".

So Sony have cancelled the release of 'The Interview' because of threats made by a hacking group. 

Quite absurd really, hope they release it digitally. 

The feds are accusing the North Korean state of the Sony email hack and all the threats to theaters and the public. The whole thing is really quite extraordinary. Not condoning the hack/threats, but making a movie about assassinating an actual living head of state is stupid and irresponsible, especially when that head of state is a paranoid lunatic.

I've no idea how safe Sony's website was but that the DPRK could hack it so easily and still threaten them as long as they "comply" is quite a worry really  ...

The Red Shoes - so so bored. Maybe of it's time, but for me, I was zoning out within 10 minutes and had to keep pausing and rewinding scenes until I gave up halfway through. May have been just not in the mood, but not a great start to the fabled Powell and Pressburger oldies :/

Don't think it helps that I can't stand old fashioned clipped accents that make me want to take a gun to the whole crew, but golly, maybe it was the actress but the dialogue for women in the film was atrocious. Judd Apatow bad-for-women but in a totally different way. Suspect this is probably a minority view and I'll endeavor to give it another go at some point, but sometimes I think you have to admit some genre's just aren't for you. 

Also, I truly loathe everything and anything to do with ballet, opera, people involved in ballet, opera and people who enjoy going to see ballet, opera, so I will fully accept my pre-formed prejudices didn't leave me well disposed to the film in the first place, mind.  Though I didn't mind Black Swan, so I don't think it's really the subject matter, just the strained old fashioned style that irritated me no end. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â