The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

My nephew wants me to watch the amazing spiderman pt. 2 with him today. Any good?

I think it's alright, no more. I like Garfield as Spiderman. Female lead is also pretty decent. Standard superhero film really. Neither poor nor particularly memorable, but watchable. 

Also, I'm interested as to how Leemond thinks the lead "blew it" in the last third of the film? (that's not a snidy question, genuinely interested)

I thought she was great, and the climax of the film was incredibly tense.

I don't know I think it was the whole exorcist style scenes, I just didn't think she came across brilliant in it, mind you I thought the script was a little dicey there as well

when she shouted something cheesy along the lines of 'if you touch my son I will **** kill you' I thought that was a little cringe worthy, although that was more the script than anything else I suppose

I think saying she blew it was probably a little harsh actually

• Like 1

Also, I'm interested as to how Leemond thinks the lead "blew it" in the last third of the film? (that's not a snidy question, genuinely interested)

I don't know I think it was the whole exorcist style scenes, I just didn't think she came across brilliant in it, mind you I thought the script was a little dicey there as well

when she shouted something cheesy along the lines of 'if you touch my son I will **** kill you' I thought that was a little cringe worthy, although that was more the script than anything else I suppose

That was her zenith moment, the "good" side of her (for want of a better word) winning out. It was a powerful, necessary moment in the characters development.

Did you watch it at the cinema? For my money this is a film much better suited to the big screen.

Going back to Lost In Translation - what a wonderfully beautiful film. Ok, not a lot happens but the interaction between the two leads is great and you can feel the tension building up between them. I love the ending as well  :)

I've been starring at it for a while now... What did you "fix"?

Ha! Got you! I missed off an "r" on the original post.  That's why the gif was posted.  

Going back to Lost In Translation - what a wonderfully beautiful film. Ok, not a lot happens but the interaction between the two leads is great and you can feel the tension building up between them. I love the ending as well  :)

You've prompted me to watch it again.  I've always wanted to visit Tokyo (and Japan as a whole really) and this is one of the films that really builds my hunger for it (along with watching NHK World :)). 

Watched The Terminator tonight as it was on and I hadn't seen it in a few years.

Great film, better than Judgement Day in my opinion, but it got me thinking about just how fast technology has evolved in the last thirty years.

The stop-motion animation used in this film in 1984 doesn't look any better than what Ray Harryhausen was doing in Jason and the Argonauts twenty years previously. Flash forward twenty years to 2004 and we had Pixar and various other animation and graphics studios churning out incredible stuff.

Just made me have a ponder.

I went to see the man himself last night in Leeds. Interviewed on stage by Johnathon Ross. Arnie was great and knocked out a few lines from his various 80's/90's roles. The Terminator ones went down well obviously, but the stand out was a roaring 'GET TO THE CHOPPER' from Commando!

That was her zenith moment, the "good" side of her (for want of a better word) winning out. It was a powerful, necessary moment in the characters development.

Did you watch it at the cinema? For my money this is a film much better suited to the big screen.

Big screen yes.

Crowd of idiots screaming and laughing at all the scary moments, no.

Go to a Sunday matinee or something.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â