The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

extraterrestrial_ver3_xlg.jpg

5/10, best anal probe scene ever, and I defy anyone who watches it not to burst out laughing at the final scene, and the choice of music used to accompany it.

Edited by hogso

Watched Draft day, really enjoyed it. Might not be as good for anyone not into NFL though

Look on YouTube for the " 30 for 30 (From Elway to Marino)"  documentary .

I think you will enjoy it .

Edited by Brumerican
  • Like 1

Friday Night Lights - my favourite American Football movie.

Explosions in the Sky are essentially the soundtrack. What more could you want?

Way better than the TV show which was far too much like a soap opera for me. This film focuses on the story of the team with just a couple of minor sub-plots concerning some of the players but that's it. Brilliant.

Maybe not surprising seeing as their latest 2 films are I development hell (inside out and the good dinosaur) Pixar have announced toy story 4, kind of disappointed, I love toy story and felt it was a good place to end it, not sure what this will achieve other than making them money

Its going to be written by rashida jones - twice on Sunday - I'll get excited and I'll watch it opening weekend, but I'll still have that hint of disappointment, same with finding dory, not needed

Edited by villa4europe

Friday Night Lights - my favourite American Football movie.

Explosions in the Sky are essentially the soundtrack. What more could you want?

Way better than the TV show which was far too much like a soap opera for me. This film focuses on the story of the team with just a couple of minor sub-plots concerning some of the players but that's it. Brilliant.

FNL was great, but it's no Any Given Sunday. 

One of my favourite movie scenes ever. 

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9rFx6OFooCs

"In any fight, it's the guy who's willing to die, who's gonna win that inch and I know if I'm gonna have any life anymore, it's because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch. Because that's what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face" 

Pacino is a god amongst men 

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 1

Hobbit looks amazing! I'll be breaking tradition and not watching with my dad this yr or maybe at the cinema at all, which is a bit of a shame.

Even on DVD it will still be awesome.

A day marathon with all six films could be on the cards next yr

Just out of Interstellar. Overall I thought it was very good. It has similar problems to Inception, in that if you stop for a moment to think about what is happening, you realise the plot is utterly daft. But at the same time, it doesn't really matter, as (like Inception) it makes emotional sense. I can't think of any other way to phrase that. By the end, I was satisfied and bordering on weepy. I'd say for about 140 minutes the film works as you would expect, and the space scenes are awe inspiring. The final 20 minutes will certainly divide opinion but, if like me you are invested in the characters, it kind of works. But that is usually the case with space movies - they have to make an imaginative leap at some point.

I want to see it again in IMAX.

Edit: I forgot to mention the awesome robots. You can't have a good sci-fi without good robots!

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner
  • Like 2

Watched Draft day, really enjoyed it. Might not be as good for anyone not into NFL though

Look on YouTube for the " 30 for 30 (From Elway to Marino)"  documentary .

I think you will enjoy it .

Watched it. Enjoyed it a lot. I think it was you that introduced me to the 30 for 30 series with the one about the Raiders and Rap - I just watched the Bo Jackson one, they're extraordinary. Thank you.

Interstellar is superb. Grand, spectacular, ambitious filmmaking. Missed some of the dialogue because of the music making my ears bleed which is annoying as it's a complex crazeh film at times. 

Lincoln - surprisingly good from Spielberg, felt like he reigned in what could have been some excess schmaltz in the narrative, and the mix of political and personal struggle was brought to life very effectively. Tommy Lee Jones and David Strathain are really enjoyable in support and DDL is excellent.

Only Lovers Left Alive - really enjoyed it, quirky and hypnotic and Swinton and Hiddleston are fantastic,

Adams line when Eva has caused some havoc

"You drained, Ian"

was delivered with such excellent restrained, resigned annoyance. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â