The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

decent week for films on tv - 

wed - film 4 - beasts of the southern wild

thurs - BBC 3 - drive (im assuming they're doing the proper film as well as the remix?)

fri - sky - mandela

sat - C4 - red

sun - C4 - shame

Beasts of the Southern Wild is a quirky and cool movie. I'd watch that and Mud back to back for a night of swampy weirdness.

• Like 1

Marvel's future slate had been announced...

May 6th 2016: Captain America: Civil War

November 4th 2016: Doctor Strange

May 5th 2017: Guardians Of The Galaxy 2

July 28th 2017: Thor: Ragnarok

November 3rd 2017: Black Panther

May 4th 2018: Avengers: Infinity War Part I

July 6th 2018: Captain Marvel

November 2nd 2018: Inhumans

May 3rd 2019: Avengers: Infinity War Part I

No real surprises in there but a few very exciting announcements. Inhumans is an interesting addition, talk had been that Marvel effectively want to substitute the Inhumans for X Men in their established storylines. Great to set Black Panther in there, they've been hinting at that in the movies since Iron Man 2.

Glad to see they've gone with 3 movies a year. Disney, between Marvel and Star Wars, are going to account for about 90% of box office money over the next 6 years. :lol:

Some other details from Feige's comments in a QA:

Everything being announced today was originally going to be their SDCC pesentation but things weren't ready to be announced yet

If Cumberbatch's casting were confirmed, it would have been announced today.

No Black Widow movie yet, but, like Hulk, we may see one eventually- just for now they work so well well working with the Avengers (though a Hulk film seems more likely than BW at this point going by his phrasing).

Runaways not ready yet, but come up often.

Captain Marvel is Danvers, not Mar-vell. ("Feige promises a Danvers trapped between two realms: Earth and outer space")

The Spider-Man talks are either "not true at all" or "something not ready to be announced yet".

Loki's staff confirmed to be an Infinity Gem.

They screened a different scene from AOU than the one that will air tonight during AOS.

Feige is more involved with Agent Carter than the rest of the TV material.

Hinted that AOU will hint at Inhumans (plus Black Panther, likely via Andy Serkis's character (Klaw))

Fanboi alert :)

• Like 1

Marvel's future slate had been announced...

May 6th 2016: Captain America: Civil War

November 4th 2016: Doctor Strange

May 5th 2017: Guardians Of The Galaxy 2

July 28th 2017: Thor: Ragnarok

November 3rd 2017: Black Panther

May 4th 2018: Avengers: Infinity War Part I

July 6th 2018: Captain Marvel

November 2nd 2018: Inhumans

May 3rd 2019: Avengers: Infinity War Part I

No real surprises in there but a few very exciting announcements. Inhumans is an interesting addition, talk had been that Marvel effectively want to substitute the Inhumans for X Men in their established storylines. Great to set Black Panther in there, they've been hinting at that in the movies since Iron Man 2.

FFS!!!!!

The Babadook - 7 out of 10 - 99 out of 100 horror films are utter shite. This wasnt. Considering it was made on such a low budget what an achievement by the director to make a film of this genre as decent as this.

Gone Girl - 8.5 out of 10. If you look past it's flaws (can tell it was wrote by a woman) then it was absolutely brilliant. Pike should clean up at the Oscar's for her performance.

Cold in July - 6 out of 10 - Love the 'drive' style soundtrack. Started brilliantly then turned into a total mess. Strangely watchable still. Michael C Hall is going to struggle to get rid of the his Dexter chracter type cast.

Gone Girl - 8.5 out of 10. If you look past it's flaws (can tell it was wrote by a woman) then it was absolutely brilliant. Pike should clean up at the Oscar's for her performance.

Is the fact it's written by a woman a flaw? Or is that not what you meant?

Śaw The Babadook today

I liked it. Superb performances from the mother and in particular the child. It really is a film that batters your senses with the camera work and by cranking up the sound.

Felt like it was influenced by The Shining and The Exorcist which is obviously no bad thing.

Not shit your pants scary as others have said but more of a continuous sense of dread that never let's up.

It was nearly ruined though by some stupid girls who insisted on whispering through the whole film and giggling at the scary bits. I dunno why but Horror films always seem to attract utter bell cheeses who can't even stay quite for 90 mins.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â