The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

The Dad's Army cast is **** brilliant.

Yeah but...

"The film will be directed by Oliver Parker, who made Johnny English Reborn, St Trinian's and Othello starring Sir Kenneth Branagh.

The script will be written by Hamish McColl, who wrote Johnny English Reborn and Mr Bean's Holiday."

From the BBC article. Shame.

Oh I don't think for one second it will be anything special, and i'm not a big fan of the original series (it's certainly no Porridge or Fawlty Towers) But that cast is fantastic, and personally I could watch Toby Jones read a phone directory as I find him just superb.

You should try and catch Detectorists on BBC4 on Thursday nights then (if you haven't already!) - extremely kooky comedy about metal detector enthusiasts!!

Episode 2 is on tonight, with the first available on iPlayer.

• Like 1

Off to see Gone Girl in a bit and expecting the usual Fincher brilliance.

It's an interesting one for me as I really don't rate Rosamund Pike at all, I think she's a very poor actress. However, from what my mate has told me my opinion is about to be changed.

Off to see Gone Girl in a bit and expecting the usual Fincher brilliance.

It's an interesting one for me as I really don't rate Rosamund Pike at all, I think she's a very poor actress. However, from what my mate has told me my opinion is about to be changed.

Report back (spoiler free) if you can Designer, myself & the missus off to it either tomorrow or Saturday

• Like 1

Bridesmaid director guy is directing Ghostbusters 3 and will be co-writing it with the writer of parks & recreation. He tweeted 'it will star hilarious women'.

Could be the all female ghostbusting crew rumours are true.

Bridesmaid director guy is directing Ghostbusters 3 and will be co-writing it with the writer of parks & recreation. He tweeted 'it will star hilarious women'.

I like to keep an open mind but I'm seeing staff from Bridesmaids and The Heat are doing a new Ghostbusters with 'hilarious women'. As soon as I see the names Kristen Wiig and Melissa McCarthy are attached then I'll laugh at anyone trying to defend it.

Finished watching Linklater's "Before" trilogy - Before Sunrise (1995), Before Sunset (2004) and Before Midnight (2013).

Excellent, excellent films. Superb performances, dialogue and cinematography. Loved them.

:thumb:  :thumb:

loved the first two but not the last one myself

Sure this has been mentioned fairly recently in here but I watched this again last night for the first time in ages.

Still loved it.

Still no idea.

imagejpg1_zps71544612.jpg

Edited by choffer

I like to keep an open mind but I'm seeing staff from Bridesmaids and The Heat are doing a new Ghostbusters with 'hilarious women'. As soon as I see the names Kristen Wiig and Melissa McCarthy are attached then I'll laugh at anyone trying to defend it.
I found bridesmaids and Kristen wiig really funny.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â