The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Does anyone go to the cinema on their own?

I'm going to watch ^ on my own tonight and feel a bit weird for doing it. Not really sure why, it's not as if you can have a conversation with someone in there, but it does feel a bit "wrong" still....

I do it often. Ain't no thing.

NO FRIENDS

KEK

I'm going to watch ^ on my own tonight and feel a bit weird for doing it. Not really sure why, it's not as if you can have a conversation with someone in there, but it does feel a bit "wrong" still....

its fine. 

you might feel odd/weird/paranoid the first time, but afterwards it'll be normal.

I do it often. Ain't no thing.

NO FRIENDS

KEK

Jesse-eisenberg-Shrug-Social-Network.gif

I have done a few times. Annoyingly two of the times, some people have sat right next to me (in a pretty empty cinema) (sorry donnie). WTF is up with that?

I have done a few times. Annoyingly two of the times, some people have sat right next to me (in a pretty empty cinema) (sorry donnie). WTF is up with that?

Well haha, here's the thing....

The film I'm seeing tonight, there's only one screening of it in Worcester. So naturally I booked a ticket a while ago thinking there's the possibility it may sell out. However, I checked the seating plan for the cinema earlier today, and there's about 6 people going, and one of them has chosen to buy a ticket right next to me....   why? 

There's the hope it's going to be an attractive female who's a Nick Cave fan, but it's most likely going to be some really fat dude. 

In such cases act like a complete weirdo.

suggestively suck on your hot dog sausage, maintaining eye contact.  Grab handfuls of popcorn and throw them into your own face, with no intent on eating any of it.

Make random noises at inappropriate times, snort when something sad happens, shout "HE GOT A HOLD OF THAT ONE!" when someone dies.  Cry and wail uncontrollably when the pre-movie adverts are showing.  

Use your coat like a cape and peer at the people next to you like a vampire. 

Sit on your seat backwards and mutter things like "these chairs are uncomfortable.."

If something funny happens laugh into the faces of people sitting next to you and keep staring at them, if they ask why, just say "I wanted to see your reaction!"

Hum or sing along with the background music of the film, begin dancing in your chair saying "This is my favorite song!", even if it's just instrumental.

If all that fails, you should probably just move..

Yeah, a slightly disgruntled glance, and standing up to move one seat along is usual the way to go. I sure showed them!

• Like 1

Well haha, here's the thing....

The film I'm seeing tonight, there's only one screening of it in Worcester. So naturally I booked a ticket a while ago thinking there's the possibility it may sell out. However, I checked the seating plan for the cinema earlier today, and there's about 6 people going, and one of them has chosen to buy a ticket right next to me....   why? 

There's the hope it's going to be an attractive female who's a Nick Cave fan, but it's most likely going to be some really fat dude. 

Yeah it'll be me sat next to you. I want us to be friends...

I remember going to see Fire In Babylon (the wonderful documentary about the 1970s West Indian cricket team) (sorry donnie) at the cinema, and there only being about 6 people in there, 2 of which were me and my mate. There was a bloke and his bored looking missus, and a couple who walked in, watched about 10 mins and walked out. I often wonder if they thought they were going to see a Hollywood blockbuster, and sat down to see Michael Holding bowling bouncers. Hehe! Still makes me chuckle.

In the summer of 1997 I had a bowl hair cut and goofy teeth, I also wore a Mighty Ducks t-shirt with adidas poppers.  I went to see 'The Lost World Jurassic Park', 'Bean the Ultimate Disaster Move' and 'Return of the Jedi' special edition by myself.  My dad dropped me off and picked me up.  I took a packet of Doritos and a Penguin in with me.

Man I was lame.

Yes, when I was uni I had a lecture at 9-12 then one that was 6-9 went to the cinema instead of driving home and going back

Once you get your head round it it's ok, now it's a case of if the gf doesn't want to watch something I'll go by myself, never done it on a Friday or Saturday night though, that would be too much

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â