The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Hansel and Gretel. Actually really good.

The utterly fantastic dark fantasy horror directed by Yim Pil Sung or the utterly bobbins 'Witch Hunters' one?

The utterly fantastic dark fantasy horror directed by Yim Pil Sung or the utterly bobbins 'Witch Hunters' one?

Is there a 3rd option where the witch hunters one wasn't bobbins but actually a decent head exploding yarn?

Is there a 3rd option where the witch hunters one wasn't bobbins but actually a decent head exploding yarn?

No, definitely not  :D

Incidentally, if you (or indeed anyone) hasn't seen this:

hansel_and_gretel_uk_dvd.jpg

Then I can't recommend it highly enough.

It's absolutely stunning to look at, has a beautifully eerie dream-like feel to it and has some very, very dark moments.

• Like 3

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - awesome! Loved it!

Amazing effects and performances, especially from those portraying the apes. Everything from the direction and cinematography to the production design and score are top notch.

Favourite movie of the year so far. Highly recommend.  :thumb:

• Like 1

It's absolutely stunning to look at, has a beautifully eerie dream-like feel to it and has some very, very dark moments.

Meant to watch this years ago but never got around to it, thanks for the heads up.

Edited by AVFCDAN
  • Like 1

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - awesome! Loved it!

Amazing effects and performances, especially from those portraying the apes. Everything from the direction and cinematography to the production design and score are top notch.

Favourite movie of the year so far. Highly recommend.  :thumb:

Going Sunday all things good, watched Rise last night in preparation for it.

• Like 1

*Adds to list.

• Like 1

I was so bored the last couple of nights I watched The Hunger Games and The Others.

So basically I watched shit Battle Royale and the least scariest ghost film with a painfully obvious twist at the end.

I really don't understand how The Hunger Games has gotten so popular. I've never read the books to be fair, so maybe they're better, but I can't get my head around how such an unbelievably dark and twisted premise can be made into a film for thirteen-year-olds. It just seemed like two completely opposing things for me. It's a dystopian future whereby kids can be taken to compete in blood sport, but it's aimed at kids? 

It makes no sense to me. I thought it was boring and they added a whole host of crap that was unnecessary. Battle Royale targeted the right audience and kept it relatively simple and it was brilliant, as was the book. Let's just forget the sequel exists.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 2

Shallow Grave. Seem to remember seein it yrs ago but couldn't for the life of me remember any of it. It's not bad, but slow at times. Christopher Eccelston was brilliant in it. Weird how the actors paths have gone so differently. Think he deserves a big leading role.

Sabotage .........Not one of  arnies greatest flicks 6/10

Million ways to die in the west 7/10 ....sarah silverman 9/10 as I would love to mount her 

great back to the future bit in it

Edited by Meath_Villan

My favourite Stephen Chow film is God Of Cookery...

King Of Beggars ain't too bad or howabout From Beijing With Love?

He's made some serious movies too which are really good such as: King of Comedy and CJ7

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â