The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I'll watch anything with Brad Pitt in it personally, one of my top 2 or 3 actors

haters gonna hate

I watched 5 minutes of World War Z before letting out a long sigh and shutting it off

• Like 1

I'm not a big fan of comedies in general, but I thought 21 Jump Street was pretty decent. Went to see the 22 Jump Street yesterday, expected it to be a total fail of a sequel, but it was as funny as the first I reckon.

• Like 2

Just watched rise of the planet of the apes. Good watch. Cesar is ace, another top notch performance by Andy Serkis. Tom Felton was just like Draco Malfoy, even to be the point where he was saying stupid apes, was just like stupid mud bloods etc.

Cesar did start to become more human like as it went along, even though I thought riding the horse was a bit too much.

Cheers for the recommendation lads

The Negotiator (1998)   I have just watched this and i thought it was pretty good . Samuel L Jackson was really good in the role he played,i thought. Very Watchable 7/10

endured the heavily watered down Robocop remake last night.

just so so poor.....

Tonight I either have Don Jon or You're Next - looking forward to both!

I really enjoyed You're Next - it's pulpy and daft as a brush but it has some cracking bits of black comedy in it.

• Like 1

Watched The way way back a few nights ago. Thank you VT. 8/10

Saw Dallas Buyers Club last night. Stunning. Has one man ever transformed a career round as much as this? Jared Leto was terrific too. Some of the shots/camera work were genius. Loved it. 9/10

Put the second Hobbit on this afternoon. Apart from Smaug (who is incredible), the rest of the CGI just doesn't do it for me. Orcs are crap, the way the CGI characters move are amateurish and the CGI work during the barrel/river scene let down what should have been an amazing sequence. Luckily for me everything else helped me try to overlook it. Still don't see what all of the fuss is over the PJ/lotr's stuff. 6/10

Took advice from VT and watched "Snowpiercer" last night. Hadn't heard of it before but really enjoyed it. 

Cheers  :cheers: 

7.5/10 from me

Did this a couple of days ago. Nicely original for a change, really enjoyed it. I'll dish out the same score.

I also watched Calvery last night.

Brillant, but my fecking god it's not great for someone depressed to watch. I struggled

bad grandpa - it was ok, i loved jackass which no doubt helps, its kind of like a jackass film with a load of filler, the pageant scene, even though it was on the trailer, was brilliant

RV - awful, worst film ive seen in a while but the gf had it on

goon - it was ok, not very funny but watchable

currently watching catch me if you can, i love this film, hanks and di caprio are brilliant, its a proper stranger than fiction film, hard to believe some of it yet such a good film that you want to believe all of it

Watched 2 films on a plane yesterday

Noah - was expecting the worse but to be honest it wasn't that bad , not a classic but it was enjoyable enough ... I've seen a lot worse films over the years

then watched the two faces of January.... The storyline has kinda bin dunne before but Viggo Mortensen is always quite engaging to watch and he didn't disappoint , Dunst I'm still undecided on and if she would make my "would bang" list , she should be a shoe in and yet ... But anyway the film moved along at a nice place , few plot holes but still enjoyable viewing

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â