The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Just seen 'Her'.

A really beautiful film.

Melancholic but also joyous in a way.

Gorgeously shot - the cinematography and art direction are top notch. It's set in the future, but the science-fiction elements are very subtle.

Great performances from Phoenix and Johansson I thought.

A special mention for the score by Arcade Fire which suited the film amazingly.

Loved it.

• Like 1

Lego Film is so much fun. Haven't laughed so often in a cinema in a very long time. Well crafted, great cast and gags, such obvious glee with the physical world of lego for it's set pieces. Don't care at all if anyone wants to view it as one big advert, it was just fun.

Agree. Last movie I had that much fun at was The Muppets.

Amy Adams was an added bonus.

Saw American Hustle last night. It was good and pretty fun.

Don't know why it got so many Oscar noms though.

Watched it last night and I feel the same. Possibly would have enjoyed it more without the hype.

Norton is a bit of a Nicholas Cage. Some really good early performances and then decided to accept the worst consecutive selection of scripts ever.

Yes I agree there. His early films like priimal fear, american history x and fight club were his best performances, but then i also liked 25th hour, Rounders and The Painted Veil. The same could be said about Ryan Gosling with the believer, stay, Half Nelson, lars and the real girl. 

Does Apollo 13 make it back?

They never left.

poster17.jpg

You made me think of this movie

Patrick Stewart was superb as a villain shame he doesn't play that kind of role more often

Grand Budpaest Hotel - 8 out of 10 - what a fantastic way to break my wes anderson virginity (no gay). Loved it from start to finish. Fiennes was superb as was all the cast, loved harvey keitel's role in the film. The film was very funny and beautiful to look at. 2014 has shaped uo to be the best year of cinema I can ever remember.

• Like 1

So there is a new 300 film?

But they all died...

(it's not a spoiler if it's ancient history)

It's a erm...what's the name for a film that happens at the same time as the previous film, and is therefore neither sequel nor prequel? Well yeah it's one of them.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â