The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I watched the remake of oldboy the other night, it wasn't as bad as I was expecting but nowhere near as good as the original.

I could have switched it off when Samuel L Jackson reared his ugly head, I'm sick of him taking this small bit parts he is in every film I watch these days.

Anyway that elizabeth Olsen was pretty decent in it I don't think I've seen her in anything else and I just assumed she would be terrible because of her sisters.

Oh and the ending was massively watered down as well

I watched the remake of oldboy the other night, it wasn't as bad as I was expecting but nowhere near as good as the original.

I could have switched it off when Samuel L Jackson reared his ugly head, I'm sick of him taking this small bit parts he is in every film I watch these days.

Anyway that elizabeth Olsen was pretty decent in it I don't think I've seen her in anything else and I just assumed she would be terrible because of her sisters.

Oh and the ending was massively watered down as well

Feeling a mixture of anger, disappointment and curiosity, at the news they remade Old Boy. I'm wondering what the point is, but would probably watch it, despite the fact it'll be nowhere near as good as the original.

Lego Film is so much fun. Haven't laughed so often in a cinema in a very long time. Well crafted, great cast and gags, such obvious glee with the physical world of lego for it's set pieces. Don't care at all if anyone wants to view it as one big advert, it was just fun.

When I first heard an adult say how great the Lego movie was I couldn't help but think of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lcBP9pu9qEk

but apparently it is actually really good, I just cant help but feel that I may be missing something because Lego these days isn't so much about the building of things using little blocks but its more of a video game isn't it, I've never played the games so would the film go over my head?

• Like 1

Lego Film is so much fun. Haven't laughed so often in a cinema in a very long time. Well crafted, great cast and gags, such obvious glee with the physical world of lego for it's set pieces. Don't care at all if anyone wants to view it as one big advert, it was just fun.

I didn't notice any product placement in the film , what were they advertising ?

When I first heard an adult say how great the Lego movie was I couldn't help but think of this

but apparently it is actually really good, I just cant help but feel that I may be missing something because Lego these days isn't so much about the building of things using little blocks but its more of a video game isn't it, I've never played the games so would the film go over my head?

It's a kids movie that adults can enjoy but any adult going to watch the film without children clearly needs to be in a care home

I didn't notice any product placement in the film , what were they advertising ?

haven't seen it myself but apparently batman gets quite a lot of airtime so maybe they are advertising the new batman v superman film...another theory is that their is some sort of subliminal simpsons advertising because all of the characters are yellow

or something like that

• Like 1

Well, Lego really. tbf it's not something I was really conscious of watching it at the time, but I noticed it being mentioned elsewhere so I just referred to the fact I disagree with those who mentioned.

It's a kids movie that adults can enjoy but any adult going to watch the film without children clearly needs to be in a care home

This is the exact reason why I am planning on kidnapping a japanese baby so that I can enjoy films like this without feeling awkward

Edited by leemond2008
  • Like 1

I went with a group of late 20 somethings :( It was like seeing Toy Story 3.

This is the exact reason why I am planning on kidnapping a japanese baby so that I can enjoy films like this without feeling awkward

I tend to find African children are easier to kidnap - yours Madonna

She gets naked, doesn't she?

Pandorum. Utter nonsense. Space drivel with Dennis Quaid. Great idea executed extremely poorly.

1/10 just for the lead actresses oiled up dirty boobs.

Edited by Ingram85

haven't seen it myself but apparently batman gets quite a lot of airtime so maybe they are advertising the new batman v superman film...another theory is that their is some sort of subliminal simpsons advertising because all of the characters are yellow

or something like that

Nothing subliminal about it, Millhouse is in it for a split second, a very purposeful tease for the new product I think. I can see why it might be seen as a big advert in a way, they use lots and lots of sorts of the different figures and stuff, which from a kids point of view at least might lead to them wanted them immediately. Plus there's the new Lego Movie sets as well.

I thought it was alright, not nearly as funny as I've heard mentioned for me though, although there was one fantastically raucous part - SPACESHIP! Benny was easily the best character.

Edited by hogso

Just watched 12 Years a Slave.

My goodness, what a film. I know it didn't resonate as much with some people on here, but I thought it was extremely powerful.

I won't say I enjoyed it, because I didn't, and I don't think that's the point, but I was engrossed by the performances. Special mentions to Ejiofor, Fassbender and Nyong'o.

It is an uncomfortable film to watch, and I must admit, I did shed a tear on two occasions, but what a brilliant film.

I think one person said they didn't get it. Something along the lines of they didn't need to see it to understand slavery.

I said I didn't see the fuss about it. Not that I didn't get it. I watch movies to be entertained and I just wasn't with this. Its a horrible story, not really enjoyable to watch and it hasn't brought anything new to me. I knew slavery was bad before I watched the movie.

Schindlers list is a hard movie to watch but it brought a different approach and told a different story about that difficult subject matter and was brilliant.

grand_budapest_hotel_poster.jpg

Unsurprisingly absolutely superb.

Beautiful to look at, and much more 'laugh out loud' moments than some of his other work.

Even though the whole cast is great, Ralph Fiennes completely steals the show. He is just wonderful.

In a nutshell, if (like me) you are a big fan of Anderson, you'll love it. Although I suspect it might even garner him a few new converts.

• Like 2

What I can't figure out - based on the adverts on TV is it shot in 4:3? Or is it my TV (or wanky virgin) doing something funny with the signal?

We've all been there

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â