The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

The point has been royally missed in all the recent remakes of Paul Verhoeven films.  I heard Starship Troopers is up next.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo

even if they added even more gratuitous nudity you can't improve the perfection that is Starship Troopers

Just watched 12 Years a Slave.

My goodness, what a film. I know it didn't resonate as much with some people on here, but I thought it was extremely powerful.

I won't say I enjoyed it, because I didn't, and I don't think that's the point, but I was engrossed by the performances. Special mentions to Ejiofor, Fassbender and Nyong'o.

It is an uncomfortable film to watch, and I must admit, I did shed a tear on two occasions, but what a brilliant film. 

Just watched 12 Years a Slave.

My goodness, what a film. I know it didn't resonate as much with some people on here, but I thought it was extremely powerful.

I won't say I enjoyed it, because I didn't, and I don't think that's the point, but I was engrossed by the performances. Special mentions to Ejiofor, Fassbender and Nyong'o.

It is an uncomfortable film to watch, and I must admit, I did shed a tear on two occasions, but what a brilliant film.

I think one person said they didn't get it. Something along the lines of they didn't need to see it to understand slavery.

Thought Filth was okay and I enjoyed McAvoy's performance.  I can see why they said it was unfilmable though because some of it didn't translate.  Some of the key lines and set pieces seemed a bit forced and rushed too.

Gladiator (2000) is it really 14 years old ?......regardless still a massive film have to give it a 9.5

Its not a bad film, but it's certainly no Spartacus.

I watched an oldish Russian film called The Mirror, i didn't mind it myself, can't really say I understood the overall story but enjoyed it scene for scene.

Edited by useless

Can't wait to see this...

What's happened to Frank's accent?

It's "loosely based" on Frank Sidebottom, rather than a biopic, so they get to use artistic licence I guess.  

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â