The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Wensleydale & cranberry popcorn? TAKE MY MONEY!!
Tbh I didn't taste the cranberry but they were still decent I did a lot of work on a crisp version of this flavour and it ended up tasting like Strawberry Jam so tbh I prefer the more subtle approach they went with Edited by tonyh29

Was Bale wearing a fat suit or did he do another of his weight gains for a role ... True dedication to his profession if he did

he put on 3 stone, can think of worse things to do in preparation for a film

i thought he was superb in it, getting plenty of nominations too, i think he'll get an oscar nod, thought the way he often paused played with his glasses whilst thinking then gave a low murmured response was brilliant acting

just watching The Family, seems pretty shit so far

DeNiro needs to stop doing shitty comedies

De Niro has become the acting equivalent of a footballer moving to the MLS or the Middle East. He has made his reputation. He's now cashing in on it the easy way. Can't say I blame him, although IMHO it is affecting his legacy.

just watching The Family, seems pretty shit so far

DeNiro needs to stop doing shitty comedies

De Niro has become the acting equivalent of a footballer moving to the MLS or the Middle East. He has made his reputation. He's now cashing in on it the easy way. Can't say I blame him, although IMHO it is affecting his legacy.

it's nothing new for him role wise , but he does play his part well in American Hustle ... heck even I was thinking about joining witness protection to get away from him

i always find myself thinking that he must owe the IRS billions or something daft

must just be the type of roles he enjoys where he's doing comedy roles, but he's getting them in awful films, think he can still do decent films, like tony says he's good in american hustle, and he was good in silver linings playbook, limitless and even new years eve, and going back to stardust which his role of a cross dressing pirate on paper you think he shouldn't be anywhere near but watching it you could tell how much he enjoyed the role and he was really good in it

but then you look at grudge match, the family, last vegas, red lights, far too much shit for an actor of his ilk

still not as bad as pacino being in jack and jill though...

both of them just need a good semi retirement home on HBO

• Like 1

I can't believe people are slating De Niro. The guy is a legend, so what if he is doing films that are 'out of the box' for his typical character, of course these jobs pay but you can't blame him for trying out different roles. Fair enough it may not always come off but I thought he was great in Silver Linings Playbook, which wasn't too serious of a role.

For what it is worth I cannot wait for The Irishman, hopefully that will happen within the next few years, anything directed by Scorsese is going to be a great film but a trio of De Niro, Pacino and Pesci could see it become a classic. Anybody read I Heard You Paint Houses?

• Like 1

De Niro can do whatever the hell he wants.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toANgE54_Gg

Just realised it's in French, it was the only decent clip I could find.

Edited by Ginko

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â