The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Never seen Troll 2 or Birdemic, but are we talking about being on the same scale as Sharknado?

Judge for yourself -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbykx7OKajI

This is only the best parts of Troll 2 but it's hopefully enough -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIo7Eq4Xq5Y

My vote goes to Troll 2 (Technically Johnny Depp and Tom Cruise are in it)

EDIT - In fact, just watching this best bits video I've just remembered it's actually the greatest film ever made with the greatest soundtrack....although that best of is missing the best bit.

Edited by 8pints

The Apartment - 9 out of 10. Wonderful classic movie I've never seen before. Loved it.

Modern times - 8 out of 10. love charlie chaplin films. This is his most well known and critically acclaimed movie. Brilliant.

Blade Runner - 9 out of 10. Seen it a million times. Love it. Worries me that Ridley Scott seems set on making a sequel. Rumoured Russell Crowe will play the main character. Dont do it Ridley. Leave this classic alone.

Twelve Monkeys - 7 out of 10. It was decent if slightly overrated. Brad Pitt was tremendous. Pitt would make a great Joker in any future batman films.

Went to (was brought to ...) Gravity. Whatsherface wasn't as annoying as I feared and it was such a surprisingly short film that it didn't get boring. It ticked along at a good pace and was visually and atmospherically bang on. Allowing it the scientific licence required to make an entertaining popcorn flick I think it was quite good. Watched it in 3d and didn't end up with a squint and dry eyes afterwards. Probably doesn't justify the hype it has gotten in the press but it's one of those that will probably lose a lot when it transfers to the small screen. The lack of a story means it's all about the visuals.

Tyrannosaur just starting on 4+1. It's a tough watch but worth it.

Good film. It's not really a tough watch though IMHO.

You heartless fiend. :)  

Just watched Paris,Texas - Really great film from the 80s!

I watched the start of that recently (fell asleep). It reminded me of Breaking Bad.

I watched the start of that recently (fell asleep). It reminded me of Breaking Bad.

It does get much better the further you get into the film.  It is a long slow paced movie. An outstanding performance by Harry Dean Stanton and well worth watching all the way through if you have the time and patience. 

It does get much better the further you get into the film.  It is a long slow paced movie. An outstanding performance by Harry Dean Stanton and well worth watching all the way through if you have the time and patience. 

Comfortably in my top 5 films of all time. Epic film with a sublime soundtrack.

• Like 1

I'm another one who doesn't really get Broderick. I think you can draw a venn diagram of people who like him and those who don't, and it'll line up exactly with a venn diagram of people who like the film Ferris Bueller's Day Off and people who don't, or who haven't seen it ...

Yes he was good in war games. Great film of its time!

What do you mean, "of its time"? I saw it recently and it's hardly dated at all  ;)

220px-Analogue_modem_-_acoustic_coupler.

Edited by choffer
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â