The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

There may be security using NightVisionGoggles in the cinema. If you attempt to use a recording device during this screening, you consent to your immediate removal from the venue and forfeiture of your recording device and its contents. Occasionally you may not be permitted to take mobile devices into the screening.

They can take your recording device?!!

I understand deleting the stuff on it.. but are they really allowed to steal someone's (potentially) £1,000 camcorder?

Not that i condone recording it in the cinema, just wondering if legally they can do/say that.

I think you'd get it back eventually, once they're sure they've deleted any footage of Ben Stiller's latest turkey. 

Maybe a long shot, but - anyone in Bradford or Leeds want a ticket for 2 to a preview screening of 'The Secret Life of Walter Mitty' for 17/12/13 which I can not use?

The ticket in question includes this ditty in the small print

There may be security using NightVisionGoggles in the cinema. If you attempt to use a recording device during this screening, you consent to your immediate removal from the venue and forfeiture of your recording device and its contents. Occasionally you may not be permitted to take mobile devices into the screening.

Night vision goggles! COOL!

There goes your popcorn trick!

The only one of those I've seen is Tintin - and I thought it was great! 

Don't know if you noticed the scene where he gets his portrait painted in the market by someone bearing a remarkable resemblance to Herge, who turns the picture around to reveal the Tintin as per the drawings in the books, and says "Zere we go sir, I believe I 'ave captured something of your likeness." Brilliant touch, I thought.

Rumours that Jason Momoa (Khal Drogo in Game of Thrones) is going to pick up a part in Batman v Superman.

Best guesses so far for the character are Superman villain Doomsday (who is rubbish in a way only the 90s could develop) or Justice League member Martian Manhunter, who is a stupid character.

Film is increasingly guaranteed to be a mess.

I thought it was going to be more like The Dark Knight Returns.

That was the apparent inspiration, but so far it feels like the inspiration extends as far as 'Batman and Superman in the same film, they don't get on'. If all the rumours are correct they're using it as a kicking off point for a Justice League film which will only end in a mess. There's a reason Marvel agent 4 years setting up the Avengers.

The bits they showed looked hilarious. All the actors seem to embrace how bad it was and enjoy the cult status but the poor Italian director gets very bitter after turning up to screenings and seeing hundreds of people laugh at his movie.

I need to watch it.

Just finished Open Grave. I didn't know anything about the film before watching, but I really liked it. I'd definitely recommend it, and try to avoid reading too much about it beforehand.

Edited by packoman

Troll 2 is infamous, theres clips all over the place.

It is awful but is the epitome of a so bad it's good movie, because it's hilarious.

The Room and Birdemic are up there. If you haven't seen Birdemic it's brilliantly awful

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â